Mission loading time

LouisdeFuines

Mission loading time

Post by LouisdeFuines »

Loading the first mission is very quick and without stuttering.

The following missions mean stuttering and long loading times for me.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: Mission loading time

Post by chrisb »

How long are you talking about. Can you time it using a phone or watch? I think they normally take a bit to load and I've noticed stuttering as well. I'm not sure what is 'normal' loading time, I've always just assumed it was going to be slow and did something else while it loaded.
LouisdeFuines

Post by LouisdeFuines »

It`s about 40 sec to 1 Min.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Ok, I think that's pretty normal.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Man kitten aren't you lucky. Myself i've gotten upwards of fifteen minutes of loading times.
Not LW2's fault, sadly, any amount of mods wil lstart doing that to my game as it is.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Upping my RAM from 8 gigs to 16 made the game go from a stutterfest that had minutes-long load times to one that has very few issues with stability, stuttering, or loading times taking longer than a minute. Might be a place to look, if you have 8 gigs or less.
nick_abbott

Post by nick_abbott »

Push the "caps lock" key when the loading starts. It gives Windoze a loading priority boost which helps quite a bit. You will notice the difference in load times from the very first use of the key.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

The only time capslock ever works in that way is when unloading a level, just prior to the debriefing squad above the Avenger scene when everyone's in the Skyranger returning. It can turn that load time into a second or two, though.