Extraction verse Evacuation...am I doing it wrong?

nick_abbott

Extraction verse Evacuation...am I doing it wrong?

Post by nick_abbott »

As I complete (check off) the goals in the upper left corner it often comes down to Extract the team. Does that I mean I have one of the team toss a flare for extraction or is that an evacuation that carries some type of penalty? I have tried waiting for an extraction a few times and have been hammered by Advent dropping in reserves. But my guys always call out in a panic when I toss out a flare.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: Extraction verse Evacuation...am I doing it wrong?

Post by chrisb »

Missions that have Evac with Flare allow you to call the skyranger for the evac with a N-turn delay. These require you to throw the evac and wait until it spawns before completing the mission. Typically you want to throw the evac the moment you break conceal, or as your means of breaking conceal. For example with a hack workstation you might throw the evac flare from out of sight, wait for the evac to spawn, jump into it, perform the hack and GTFO as you activate the map!

Other missions don't require an evac but provide it if you want to bail out. These tend to be untimed missions and don't have timed reinforcements. You'll usually see them marked as Sweep Objective. Which simply means, kill everything!

The rest are fixed evac where you see the evac zone spawn at the beginning of the mission.

Does that help? Or did you mean something else?
nick_abbott

Post by nick_abbott »

That helps a lot, thank you!

I haven't tossed the flare early as of yet, I usually fight off the reinforcements until the turns click down. After you're post I will sometimes change this behavior.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

The reason your soldiers shout like that when you call the skyranger is just because that's their vanilla voice lines for doing so, where it's what you do to run away from a mission instead of what you do to complete it.
nick_abbott

Post by nick_abbott »

fowlJ wrote:The reason your soldiers shout like that when you call the skyranger is just because that's their vanilla voice lines for doing so, where it's what you do to run away from a mission instead of what you do to complete it.
Yeah, I figured that was likely it. Thank you.