extraction point compromised bug

Canderous

extraction point compromised bug

Post by Canderous »

Every VIP extract mission I get starts with Bradford telling me the extraction point has been compromised. This is making it hard to beat the timer as it is sometimes relocated to the other side of the map.

This must be a bug because I didn't experience this on my previous playthrough.
Zyrrashijn

Re: extraction point compromised bug

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Then, why wouldn't you want to post this on the dedicated bug section and add the necessary information?
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

This is the Extract VIP from City mission. It's always had XCOM soldiers begin unconcealed unless they have Phantom (Shinobi, some Sharpshooters). It's why only Shinobis are usually sent on them. And because the VIP is unconcealed and has to move across the map to the extract, they're rather hard, especially against more than Extreme Light and with later enemy forces. This will likely change when LW2 v1.3 releases, likely being more oriented around fighting to the extraction versus sneaking.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Jacke wrote:This is the Extract VIP from City mission. It's always had XCOM soldiers begin unconcealed unless they have Phantom (Shinobi, some Sharpshooters). It's why only Shinobis are usually sent on them. And because the VIP is unconcealed and has to move across the map to the extract, they're rather hard, especially against more than Extreme Light and with later enemy forces. This will likely change when LW2 v1.3 releases, likely being more oriented around fighting to the extraction versus sneaking.
No, he's talking about a bug where the evac zone starts spawned in an illegal zone (such as in the air when there's no ground, similar to what happens if you remote the floor under an evac zone) and gets relocated at the start of the mission. Also yes this should go in bug reports.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

I've only hit this a few times. Most were on Extract VIP from Vehicle. I find these maps the vehicle can end up close to a map edge, causing the extraction point to actually end up outside the map, which causes it to respawn somewhere ridiculous.

I've also had one in a Jailbreak where the evac spawned almost back at the starting point. Turning a Jailbreak into a Jailbreak + Extract from City mission. Made for some fun LOS hacking but I got him out.
saroscycler

Post by saroscycler »

This is a vanilla bug.
KevlinTallfellow

Post by KevlinTallfellow »

I've seen this kind of thing happen a few times, and it seems to me that it's always because there is an enemy pod standing inside the extraction tiles at the start of the mission, thereby compromising the extraction.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

KevlinTallfellow wrote:I've seen this kind of thing happen a few times, and it seems to me that it's always because there is an enemy pod standing inside the extraction tiles at the start of the mission, thereby compromising the extraction.
Next time you get one, check if the old evac flare has 3 tiles outside of the map edge once the game gives you camera control back. It's always been the case that I have seen. Enemies on the evac shouldn't affect it at all.