Crashlog file size

Desslok

Crashlog file size

Post by Desslok »

This is prolly better aimed at Firaxis but here goes anyway, After playing LW2 since release and suffering with the underneath avenger camera bug initially my pc started showing signs of slowing down .. Upon checking available space on my windows drive i found i had barely any spare storage available. Weird, but ok. Digging alittle further i found over 4.5gig of crash reports in xcomgame/logs. Seriously? bout 300meg per crash of retained data. Manually trashing these reports seems alittle archaic.. dont suppose we could get an option to flush these ingame, or perhaps turn off the data collection all together?

Prolly alot of people sitting on pretty vast xcomgame/logs directories.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Crashlog file size

Post by johnnylump »

I've seen them autodelete after a while ... there's probably an ini setting somewhere that handles it.
Zloth

Post by Zloth »

I've got some from August 2016. Maybe there's a max size or count instead of a date limit?
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views…
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Niakshin

Post by Niakshin »

Okay, noob question here, but... how do you access the crash log directories? I've searched through all the game files, and I haven't been able to find anything like that.
Desslok

Post by Desslok »

Default location (on win7 anyway) will be something like - c:\users\(username)\my documents\my games\xcom2\xcomgame\logs
Niakshin

Post by Niakshin »

Desslok wrote:Default location (on win7 anyway) will be something like - c:\users\(username)\my documents\my games\xcom2\xcomgame\logs
Nope, nothing like that in "XCOMgame."

I'm on Mac though, so that's probably the reason.