Do the DLC missions difficulty increase with time?

josna238

Do the DLC missions difficulty increase with time?

Post by josna238 »

I have discovered the DLC missions but don't know if my squad is ready (sargeants with lasers). But I am also worried to delay them too much and have impossible missions at the end if teir difficulty increases during the time. And moreover, if the vahlen's monsters are so hard as they were on vanilla, making them early would be a suicide.
nightwyrm

Re: Do the DLC missions difficulty increase with time?

Post by nightwyrm »

Nope. DLC missions are fixed so they actually get easier as you get more tech.
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

josna238 wrote:I have discovered the DLC missions but don't know if my squad is ready (sargeants with lasers). But I am also worried to delay them too much and have impossible missions at the end if teir difficulty increases during the time. And moreover, if the vahlen's monsters are so hard as they were on vanilla, making them early would be a suicide.
FWIW I don't think the DLC missions expire, you can wait as long as you want. And without going into spoilers, the Vahlen mission is probably going to result casualties with laser tech, but should be winnable; the Shen mission is... mostly faceroll, but all I'll say is you really should make sure to bring a good deal of armor shred ;).
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

I've only done Shen's in LW2, because that's all that will spawn for me (6 times), but the mecs seem to have normal chances to receive the tactical +1hp upgrades (which seems to be something in the 70-90% chance range for each one). I've done the mission twice this campaign, once when +1 was active, and again later when the second +1 was active. First mission saw mecs with 3 or 4 HP, second mission saw mecs with 3, 4, or 5 HP.