Moving Haven advisers

Nibelung44

Moving Haven advisers

Post by Nibelung44 »

Hey,

I don't understand why the hassle of moving advisers around is not solved with a very simple quality of life solution. Allows advisers to be taken from a squad (it removes them from it), with a warning. Allow an adviser to be added back to a squad (with a warning).

And that's it. No more fiddling around. Thanks for this awesome work Pavonis though.
Goldenmonkey

Re: Moving Haven advisers

Post by Goldenmonkey »

Yeah, the whole advisor thing needs a QOL update. But AFAIK there is something planned for 1.3
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

Yes, but so far that's just about their equipment, not their moving around which is a pain in the alien bottom, so to speak :mrgreen:
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Well, if you wanted to do it "realistically" you'd have to fly the avenger to the region each time you want to recover an advisor similar to how you recall a squad if you cancel a mission. Scotty can't just beam them in ;)

I tend to avoid squad members as advisors and i think they are not supposed to be used this way. It's a bit too easy if you can just put all your highest ranking soldiers as advisors to catch faceless and have them available for missions. I actually even think advisors should be locked in the haven for some time after being assigned or recalling them in case of an emergency should have some cost!

That being said, if they are supposed to be called back whenever you need them, then making the process as easy as possible would make sense.
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

I'm ok with that too. No the realistically, painful to do in game thing, but the fact they might be locked a few days each time. Otherwise you are incited to move them around constantly