List of what do you want to see so much

Steve-O

Re: List of what do you want to see so much

Post by Steve-O »

darkerevent wrote: --The option for sharpshooters to equip SMGs (or some other light weapon) so that my Holo Target sharpshooter (who always remains concealed) can sacrifice combat options for mobility. I would literally rather her have no primary weapon at all in exchange for +3 mobility if that was possible, since she's entirely Holo (and Pistol in emergencies) for me. Being forced to load her out with a bulky sniper rifle feels awkward.
+1 for this.

I personally hacked the ini to let Sharpshooters have rifles (and therefore SMGs) for precisely this reason, but I would love to see it made standard. Technically any Sharpshooter could take an SMG now, but obviously I'm not going to take away the signature weapon from my shooty SSes.

I also just like the idea that everyone can use an assault rifle (and therefore SMG.) That sort of freedom is something I enjoyed in LW1 (ie: giving everyone shotguns, et al,) even if some classes never took advantage. I like having the freedom to equip my soldiers as I see fit, even if I stick to obvious patterns for most classes.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Steve-O wrote:
darkerevent wrote: --The option for sharpshooters to equip SMGs (or some other light weapon) so that my Holo Target sharpshooter (who always remains concealed) can sacrifice combat options for mobility. I would literally rather her have no primary weapon at all in exchange for +3 mobility if that was possible, since she's entirely Holo (and Pistol in emergencies) for me. Being forced to load her out with a bulky sniper rifle feels awkward.
+1 for this.

I personally hacked the ini to let Sharpshooters have rifles (and therefore SMGs) for precisely this reason, but I would love to see it made standard. Technically any Sharpshooter could take an SMG now, but obviously I'm not going to take away the signature weapon from my shooty SSes.

I also just like the idea that everyone can use an assault rifle (and therefore SMG.) That sort of freedom is something I enjoyed in LW1 (ie: giving everyone shotguns, et al,) even if some classes never took advantage. I like having the freedom to equip my soldiers as I see fit, even if I stick to obvious patterns for most classes.
+1 to you too, Steve-O. I too want to have more freedom in how I equip my soldiers.

I personally feel that 8 soldier classes are too many, especially considering that there are 3 perk choices per level. This can lead to things getting too complex to properly manage squads and soldier development. Instead of so many classes, consider say 4 or 5 classes but all with a greater selection of weapons both primary and secondary. Instead of being locked into permanent class decisions, a squad would be equipped for a particular mission, giving more reasonable choice to the player and flexibility in using their soldiers and squads.

Even if not considering reducing from LW2's 8 classes, why would Sharpshooters and Gunners forget how to use Rifles when they used them as Rookies?
AlexTFish

Post by AlexTFish »

Replace some instances of "more enemies" with "better enemies".

Much more reasonable prices to mass-produce weapon mods.

A reason to use Psi.

I like Bradford and the every-mission reminders of what's going on. Don't take away my storymode!

I like the LW2-modding-mods that add extra Resistance roles such as manufacture. Might be nice to add those into the core mod, or at least some nicer support for them.

Oh! A log of what just happened on the Geoscape. Messages like "TSgt X has recovered from wounds" and "New haven member recruited" disappear within a couple of seconds! And especially when several happen at once, or while something else is happening, it's impossible to see them all. Let me click some log to see what just happened.

Apart from that, not much. I'm playing on Rookie partly deliberately so that I can enjoy 6-man guerrilla missions without feeling forced into the shinobi-officer-stealth plan.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

AlexTFish wrote:Oh! A log of what just happened on the Geoscape. Messages like "TSgt X has recovered from wounds" and "New haven member recruited" disappear within a couple of seconds! And especially when several happen at once, or while something else is happening, it's impossible to see them all. Let me click some log to see what just happened.
I really like this idea. As well, the log should have simple entries for when player decisions are made, like deploying or recalling squads to infiltrate, conduct missions, select research and Proving Ground projects, etc. The log should be accessible outside the Geoscape so a player can refresh knowledge of the campaign. And have a record after the campaign is done to think on the quality of the decisions.
CasualGamer

Post by CasualGamer »

I think that the ability to carry off a dead enemy as a soldier evacs (like the mod, but without the harness) would be a great addition, it adds an incentive to engage in combat rather than pure stealth missions.
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

I'd like to get a notification whenever a Dark Event expires.
modjo

Post by modjo »

My suggestions list on the geoscape

A mission log for the campaign, something similar to this idea.
darkerevent

Post by darkerevent »

CasualGamer wrote:I think that the ability to carry off a dead enemy as a soldier evacs (like the mod, but without the harness) would be a great addition, it adds an incentive to engage in combat rather than pure stealth missions.
Indeed, this feels so logical that I'm probably going to install the mod for my next playthrough (which I'll be starting with 1.3's arrival) and just not use the Fulton Harness feature. To paraphrase Honest Game Trailers, it would contribute greatly to that tried and true XCOM fantasy of being "the world's deadliest hobo."

Besides, if we bag a stun lancer at Evac, it's just a waste not to haul him out as a trophy. :twisted:
Solomani

Post by Solomani »

More granular control over the setup.

Ability to setup legendary type of game but with slower alien progression and a few other things toned down.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

I think the mod Extract Corpses is an excellent extension for LW2. I mod it to exclude XCOM carrying the heavier aliens like Mutons etc. And I think the Fulton Harness is completely legitimate. Especially so considering some of the heavier aliens like Andromedons are so rare as to be a significant bottleneck when they are needed for research, PG projects, or item production.
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

JulianSkies wrote: Thankfully perfect information doesn't touch those calculations at all. It just asks the game what it calculated and tells you that. Right now the calculation is governed entirely by LW2.
Maybe but it is still not working 100% for LW2 and its author said
For how the calculation is done I have to check on what LW2 have changed. I had to do a mix up of using gamestatment to get the calculation close as possible to correct values in vanilia what is needed to do in LW2 I have no idea for the moment. One leg at the time I guess.
Also seems that he is not that active currently. Both factors also add more weight to have this in LW2 ;)
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

I want too much several SPARK classes !
Starwatcher162536

Post by Starwatcher162536 »

For only odd increases in advent strength too increase enemy counts. even increases could upgrade a pod to have harder mobs in them. This way maps could feel less claustrophobic.
shhfiftyfive

Post by shhfiftyfive »

i understand this is currently to prevent clutter on the geoscape, but it hurts the game. so...

increase the amount of unexpired missions allowed per region, so we do not have to do boring repetitive missions just to "clear the board" to make room for haven to spot the important missions....

or just rework this somehow to get the same effect. maybe just let us click a button to fully delete an unexpired mission from the geoscape, if we have zero plans to do it. again, to make room on the geoscape to allow the haven to spot more important missions..
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

shhfiftyfive wrote:i understand this is currently to prevent clutter on the geoscape, but it hurts the game. so...

increase the amount of unexpired missions allowed per region, so we do not have to do boring repetitive missions just to "clear the board" to make room for haven to spot the important missions....

or just rework this somehow to get the same effect. maybe just let us click a button to fully delete an unexpired mission from the geoscape, if we have zero plans to do it. again, to make room on the geoscape to allow the haven to spot more important missions..
Whether you clear them from the board or not, whether you even detect them or not, there can only be so many missions. I am fairly certain the limit includes also undetected missions.
Which leads me to believe it's a UI clutter function as it is a balance function.
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Stroggus wrote:I want a bit more strategic approach to liberating regions. Like I want to have reasons to liberate THIS particular region or THAT particular region. So player would make choice based on his strategy/preferences. Right now it is kinda limited, it really basically doesn`t matter which region you liberate.
Like, for example, having a liberated region in a continent fulfills _all_ the requirements to get that bonus, maybe? That could be interesting....

Or liberated regions double the chance to detect DE counter-missions and Supply raids in every region directly connected?

....That was just off the top of my head, but it would be _brilliant_, because it would fix the problem of it not being possible to detect supply raids in time to infiltrate to a reasonable level....
Nataku

Post by Nataku »

saroscycler

Post by saroscycler »

darkerevent wrote:
CasualGamer wrote:I think that the ability to carry off a dead enemy as a soldier evacs (like the mod, but without the harness) would be a great addition, it adds an incentive to engage in combat rather than pure stealth missions.
Indeed, this feels so logical that I'm probably going to install the mod for my next playthrough (which I'll be starting with 1.3's arrival) and just not use the Fulton Harness feature. To paraphrase Honest Game Trailers, it would contribute greatly to that tried and true XCOM fantasy of being "the world's deadliest hobo."

Besides, if we bag a stun lancer at Evac, it's just a waste not to haul him out as a trophy. :twisted:
Or even cooler, cargo BITs.

Anyway, should the features of this mod or something similar be added to LW2?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =865511007
darkerevent

Post by darkerevent »

saroscycler wrote: Anyway, should the features of this mod or something similar be added to LW2?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =865511007
"Peek from Concealment" is definitely a mod that I consider essential to enjoying LW2, so I certainly wouldn't object to seeing something like it made baseline.

For immersion reasons, I cannot stand it when enemies on the ground spot a character who just moved into half-cover at the edge of a roof overlooking the enemy position. The mod also helps against the problem of being spotted in some obtuse way while moving past windows, which is a nice bonus. Without the mod, I feel like my characters must not even be trying to be sneaky with how they move.
saroscycler

Post by saroscycler »

Niakshin

Post by Niakshin »

Steve-O wrote:
SouthpawHare wrote: Man, Bradford sure gets a lot of hate. Am I the only one who actually enjoys his character and the VA's performance of it in XCOM 2?
I think he single-handedly makes this game epic as hell with his badass radio chatter.
I think the majority of the hate stems from the change in VA from X1 to X2. Which is kinda ironic since, before I heard his new voice in X2, I always thought his voice in X1 sounded kinda douchey. Now I miss it. I mean, I don't really blame Firaxis - stuff happens and sometimes VAs need to be replaced for whatever reasons. The new VA is very good from a technical perspective, and he sounds badass as F, though I do think they could have found someone that sounds at least a little like X1 Bradford.
I suspect a lot of the hate comes from the game locking you out of the controls when he speaks. If you were allowed to do stuff while he was talking I doubt people would hate him that much.

That aside, put me in the "more reasons to liberate regions" camp. I've seen it suggested that you could get a second continental bonus for liberating every region in a continent, though I suspect that's not a strong enough incentive without buffing some of those bonuses first. I also agree with Supply Raids being far too frequent. One possible nerf might be to make supply raid missions missable, rather than always showing up for at least a day before they expire as I suspect is the case; since the problem is people 0%ing them, a narrow time window isn't much of a penalty for the people such a nerf would be aimed at.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Niakshin wrote:
Steve-O wrote:
SouthpawHare wrote: Man, Bradford sure gets a lot of hate. Am I the only one who actually enjoys his character and the VA's performance of it in XCOM 2?
I think he single-handedly makes this game epic as hell with his badass radio chatter.
I think the majority of the hate stems from the change in VA from X1 to X2. Which is kinda ironic since, before I heard his new voice in X2, I always thought his voice in X1 sounded kinda douchey. Now I miss it. I mean, I don't really blame Firaxis - stuff happens and sometimes VAs need to be replaced for whatever reasons. The new VA is very good from a technical perspective, and he sounds badass as F, though I do think they could have found someone that sounds at least a little like X1 Bradford.
I suspect a lot of the hate comes from the game locking you out of the controls when he speaks. If you were allowed to do stuff while he was talking I doubt people would hate him that much.

That aside, put me in the "more reasons to liberate regions" camp. I've seen it suggested that you could get a second continental bonus for liberating every region in a continent, though I suspect that's not a strong enough incentive without buffing some of those bonuses first. I also agree with Supply Raids being far too frequent. One possible nerf might be to make supply raid missions missable, rather than always showing up for at least a day before they expire as I suspect is the case; since the problem is people 0%ing them, a narrow time window isn't much of a penalty for the people such a nerf would be aimed at.
They are definitely missable, more than once you've probably noticed that strength raised without a supply raid, right? That's a supply raid you missed.