Asia Continent Bonus

Ithuriel

Asia Continent Bonus

Post by Ithuriel »

So the Long War 2 continent bonuses are randomized, which I think makes a lot of sense. But I'd argue that you should have a separate pool for Asia, at least; I contacted all 4 regions in Asia before I researched Resistance Radio thinking it'd be a good bonus, and then got Under the Table(+20% supplies when selling to Black Market)- which in my last campaign was the bonus for Europe, which requires literally half of the havens and radio towers. Does this seem off to anybody else? I'm literally not sure it's worth building the tower for the bonus- it would be a tower adjacent to my home Haven, and I'd have to sell over $750 to the Black Market to make it cost-efficient.
justdont

Re: Asia Continent Bonus

Post by justdont »

Yes, it would be better to restrict full random in some fashion. One game you can start with some ealry-game powerful bonus like GTS discounts or PG discounts on your home continent and get some hot stuff (+1 weapon upgrade slot) on other continents, and then the other game your home continent bonus is "free rookies" and the rest of the world doesn't have anything appealing at all.

It would be nice to have especially powerful bonuses (like upgrade slot) to be exclusive only to Asia.
marceror

Post by marceror »

Well, the towers also generate additional income for the region. Not sure if this applies before they are liberated, but definitely seems to afterward.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

The bonus from a Radio tower applies immediately and it provides +20% bonus to any job done by rebels in that region.

It also lowers the Intel cost of contacting nearby regions by 100% from what I can see. Thus it will almost immediately pay for itself, as contacting a new region gives you at least 4 new rebels which can work for the Resistance.
Rex Dart

Post by Rex Dart »

Unless you've run out of new regions, which is the mildly-annoying fact of my current game. I went from Africa to Europe to North America and then to East Asia (site of the first radio tower). None of the other three Asia sectors are adjacent to a new territory. (India doesn't link to Oceania in this game, as it sometimes does.)