[Suggestion for 1.3] Adjustments to the Psi Ops

trihero

Re: [Suggestion for 1.3] Adjustments to the Psi Ops

Post by trihero »

Saph7 wrote:Of course, there's a 25% chance that your Psi isn't even going to have Soulfire at all. Have fun with your only active abilities being Insanity and Mind Merge . . .
One of my psis was like that and was finally offered soulfire on the third upgrade. I carried around both psis hoping they'd turn into Gyrados, but sadly they stayed magikarp the whole game.
wei270

Post by wei270 »

have psi damage scale with psi value?
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

I would like to see psi soliders being more tactical. Have there be more synergy with other team members. Like having basic Advent troops be highly susceptible to psi effects, but an advent officer blocks that and raises the will of the advents around them. Kill the officer then suddenly it is easy to dominate that grenadier who is beside him.

And we need psi zombies. We should have that power to.

And mind merge would be really fun if it can boost other classes by a good amount.

And we need psi zombies!

In short I would like to see psi be an ability that leads to new tactic options. They wouldn't be usefull everywhere and against every alien, but when it is, it has a high chance of success.
3tamatulg

Post by 3tamatulg »

I'm considering modding Psi Ops to have a built in squad infiltration weight reduction as part of their basic perk. Would make them an interesting choice to bring if they made it so you could squeeze an extra soldier and themselves in, but only if you were already had time to infiltrate with 4 or 5 anyway.

I think that would make Psi Ops just about worth investing in - they're basically free as far as infiltration is concerned. I was thinking about a class which would do this as its whole gimmick but it works nicely as an addition to the currently massively underpowered Psi Ops. At least until 1.3 gets here.

If you want to do this too just insert
+AbilityCovertness=(AbilityName="MindMerge", SquadMultiplier=0.8); MindMerge
to line 267 in "D:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\XComLW_InfiltrationSettings.ini"

Also considering adding the same thing as individual weight reduction of say 0.9 to every single other Psi perk so that as they level up, they become even more weightless for the mission. Makes sense that a psychic would be better at not getting caught!