Liberated regions, what to do with them?

Nibelung44

Liberated regions, what to do with them?

Post by Nibelung44 »

Is there any point to have the intelligence job? Should I go the recruit route until 13 and then make them produce supplies?
Zyrrashijn

Re: Liberated regions, what to do with them?

Post by Zyrrashijn »

don't leave them completely unattended intelwise. Advent may prepare to get a foothold again.
justdont

Post by justdont »

Nibelung44 wrote:Is there any point to have the intelligence job? Should I go the recruit route until 13 and then make them produce supplies?
Intel job will still provide you with intel resource. And yes, keeping about half of rebels on intel will let you, in most cases, detect invasion attempt early (if other conditions are applicable, 21+ days since liberation and 8+ advent strength in any neighboring region).
rookie.one

Post by rookie.one »

i liberated my 1st region in june, now its december and i haven't had an invasion yet. same goes for the regions i liberated afterwards. i usually have the the neighboring regions of the one i liberated on 13/13 intel, every couple of weeks i detect a raid the troop transport (red symbol, 10 soldiers) so i guess that's the the advent preparing for the strike back. once you take care of that, your liberated region seems to be safe, without generating intel itself.

otherwise i still get some rendevouz missions in liberated regions and i don't know if advent can do anything else there (dark event research e.g.).

about managing the the liberated region: usually have 8 or 9 guys, preferably the ones with higher ranks on supply, the rest on recruit for some decent rookies and avenger personal.
Mooncabbage

Post by Mooncabbage »

Regards the Recruit job, I don't usually bother. Easier to just farm prison breaks, get 5-6 rookies or resistance personnel at a time.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

There are no prison breaks in a liberated region, though. So you should at least max out the liberated haven.
Mooncabbage

Post by Mooncabbage »

I have never liberated a region, but I would imagine you probably already have 13+ resistance personnel. It only takes a few prison breaks to get 'em. I suppose after that you might have to run the recruit job though, if you lose some.
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Both of my liberated regions are at 11 personnel, but I've opted for no more recruitment simply due to not wanting the chance of recruiting a faceless that will actually reduce my income from those regions (they're clean at the moment).

Something to consider, if you know for sure your lib'd region is clean of faceless.
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

Because even in a liberated region, a faceless can sneak in I guess?
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

Just had do to do the Faceless mission in a liberated area. But I have the DE to send more Facelesses to Havens. I also was running intel and failed to detect the supply train brining in the invasion so I just had my first invasion. Lots of fun...
trihero

Post by trihero »

justdont wrote:
Nibelung44 wrote:Is there any point to have the intelligence job? Should I go the recruit route until 13 and then make them produce supplies?
Intel job will still provide you with intel resource. And yes, keeping about half of rebels on intel will let you, in most cases, detect invasion attempt early (if other conditions are applicable, 21+ days since liberation and 8+ advent strength in any neighboring region).
What people aren't telling you is that the benefits of having rebels on intel in a liberated region is minimal given the costs.

If you have 6 rebels on intel, you have a 70% chance to detect an invasion supply raid before the invasion hits. That is a lot of rebels (essentially slashing your income in half) for a not so reliable chance to detect the supply raid. 30% of the time, you just slash your income in half for absolutely no reason (i.e. the invasion would go undetected anyways).

Even more importantly, even if you detect the supply raid, it may easily have a crappy infiltration time. Do you really want to fight 50 aliens on a 0% supply raid late in the game vs 20'ish on an invasion? Especially with the devs making 0% infiltrations harder in the next patch.

I'm very surprised I never hear anyone give a practical, analytical look at the costs vs benefits. I always hear enthusiastic endorsements of leaving rebels on intel in a liberated region without considering the massive supply slashes you are incurring and also the RISKIER mission you are doing than the invasion. I think there's a lot of wishful thinking going on like "oh the invasion can be prevented, then the best solution is we must try to prevent it!" but as you can even see from the posts above, you can easily miss the supply mission anyways and even if you don't miss it the supply mission at low infiltration is likely to be super risky.

The only situation where I would consider doing intel in a liberated region is if I go 13/13 to get 100% detection with plenty of time remaining on the supply raid, not some half-baked effort that kills my supplies for a bad mission. But I don't even know why I would do that, unless I was swimming in supplies from other regions.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

I've also heard that Advent won't be able to launch an Invasion of a Liberated region until they have a region with 8 Advent Strength adjacent to it. Until that happens, putting guys on Intel is probably a complete waste.