[Request] Change FireControl Abilities to be an Effect.

Sentenryu

[Request] Change FireControl Abilities to be an Effect.

Post by Sentenryu »

I humbly request that X2Condition_RequiredToHitChance be changed to look for FireControl25, FireControl50 and FireControl75 as effects instead of soldier abilities, so other modders can make stuff that allow for toggling those effects at player discretion.

I realize that this would require changing the PCS too and probably isn't worth the development time, but I figured I should ask before doing the hacky stuff I was going to do (using the hook ModifyEarnedSoldierAbilities to dynamically add or remove those abilities from the soldier)
Sir_Dr_D

Re: [Request] Change FireControl Abilities to be an Effect.

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

Is ModifyEarnedSoldierAbilities a console command? How is it used?
RapidFire

Post by RapidFire »

Sentenryu wrote:I humbly request that X2Condition_RequiredToHitChance be changed to look for FireControl25, FireControl50 and FireControl75 as effects instead of soldier abilities, so other modders can make stuff that allow for toggling those effects at player discretion.

I realize that this would require changing the PCS too and probably isn't worth the development time, but I figured I should ask before doing the hacky stuff I was going to do (using the hook ModifyEarnedSoldierAbilities to dynamically add or remove those abilities from the soldier)
As a workaround, I was trying to find where the PCS slots were set and add a second one to be dedicated to Fire Control on all soldiers. Then I lowered the price since it is just and "order" from the commander. No real reason to pay 5 supplies per soldier to enforce that. Not sure the thought process behind the PCS direction except that perhaps it was just the easiest way to do it...?
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

It is possible to add In more then 1 PCS slot?
Sentenryu

Post by Sentenryu »

Sir_Dr_D wrote:Is ModifyEarnedSoldierAbilities a console command? How is it used?
No, that is an event a mod can respond to via code, it is triggered whenever something asks what abilities the soldier has. it was added by long war.

RapidFire wrote:As a workaround, I was trying to find where the PCS slots were set and add a second one to be dedicated to Fire Control on all soldiers.

Some people were asking about a way to change it up in mission, apparently there are situations where they don't care about the odds, but there's other situations where they do care about odds, so the plan was to add a free action ability that switched between the 3 FireControl modes.

Sir_Dr_D wrote:It is possible to add In more then 1 PCS slot?

AFAIK it is, but there's no interface for it and changing PCS may get strange