While waiting for 1.2

Stroggus

While waiting for 1.2

Post by Stroggus »

I started new campaign with linear Red Fog (AYYYS and XCOM), NCE, Hidden Potential 100% and Damage Roulette 100%.
I thought it would be a disaster, so I started on vet to see how it will be going... and it`s surprisingly fun!

Damage Roulette leads to some REEEALLY clutch moments, as well as "well, that`s XCOM for you", all in all it balances out in the long run. One-shotting pectoids with ballistic sniper rifle? No problem. Hitting with a shotty for 1 dmg? RIP.

With hidden potential stats are funny too, could potentially lead to amazing (or not so) soldiers.

The only thing I miss is Skill Roulette, that was the real shit back in the LW1 days, makes every soldier really unique. I mean AWC is really cool in this too, but I want Skill Roulette back, miss it.

After 1.2 releases I will play with these settings again on L/I. That should be fun, many XCOM moments, such wow.

What I wanted to say, if you guys avoided some of these all the time (especially Damage Roulette lol) like me, then may be try it. You can be missing something. And after all, it`s not fair if I have all the fun!
mr_j936

Re: While waiting for 1.2

Post by mr_j936 »

I'm suffering quite enough with missing 86% shots in a row and getting my soldiers killed. I can't afford having the little hits I get not kill :lol:
LordYanaek

Re: While waiting for 1.2

Post by LordYanaek »

I wish there was a "reliable damages" option to brings back vanilla XCom2 damage spread (+/- 1). The basic LW2 setting are already too much of a damage roulette for my tastes when you reach higher tier weapons.