No EVAC zone?

vinco

No EVAC zone?

Post by vinco »

I'm currently running an ironman game and have an advent VIP mission running with my "A" squad. Unfortunately, the EVAC zone appears to have spawned off the edge of the map. Is there any way to recover from this situation?

Screenshot at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =867187101

Save apparently can't be attached, but I've made a backup which can be sent via email.
Jacke

Re: No EVAC zone?

Post by Jacke »

Looks like it's a mission where you have to throw a flare to open up the evac zone. Doing so will break concealment for all troops without Phantom and for the troop throwing the flare. Doesn't matter here as you've already broken concealment.

Look at the 6 blue icons in the upper right. Click on the left-most one, which looks like the Skyranger. That should allow one of your troops with action points to throw a flare for an evac zone, which is a free action.

Hopefully you infiltrated enough that your evac zone will open up in 5 turns or less.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Wrong, Jacke. This is an evac zone pre-placed mission and this is a known bug that's being fixed in 1.2, or at least worked on for 1.2. You'll have to use a console command to spawn a new zone. Lemme look up the code real quick.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Thanks, tracktwo. Credit to him for this repost:

This is likely one of the same map bugs that causes VIPs to spawn inside furniture and cover/pathing to be weird on the city plots and should be fixed in 1.2. In the meantime you can try this to spawn a new evac zone with the console:

EnableGlobalAbility PlaceEvacZone
LWForceEvac

The first will let you throw a new evac flare with a soldier. The second will cause the zone to spawn immediately instead of waiting for the countdown.