Thanks for long war 2

knigt76

Thanks for long war 2

Post by knigt76 »

Just registered so I could say thank you, guys, for making long war 2. I liked xcom, liked xcom 2 more, loved long war, and LOVE long war 2. You guys just did spectacular. Again. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
AegixDrakan

Re: Thanks for long war 2

Post by AegixDrakan »

I 'm really enjoying it too.

XCOM 2 was already fantastic, but Long War 2 adds a lot more layers of things to worry about, and makes stealthy runs actually plausible.

I'm positive I'm going to lose this run (I'm in July and JUST got my first officers and laser weapons and I still haven't liberated a region yet ;_;), but I don't care. I'm having a blast and dont' care that I'll have to give it another shot. :D I'm having too much fun.
mr_j936

Post by mr_j936 »

I played xcom 2 the base game 40 hours for the entire year I had it. Long war 2 so far in 2 weeks alone I have clocked in 60 hours. Though I am not sure enjoy is the right word I would use. I feel like I am in an abusive relationship, I love the game but it keeps putting me down :mrgreen:

Anyway thank you for long war 2.
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

I have to add my complements to the chef(s) for this tasty banquet called LW2! Sometimes hard to chew, not always easy going down, but definitely filling and after consuming it, I find myself curiously craving more. Oh, one more thing: no more salt please, I've had enough.
Desslok

Post by Desslok »

mr_j936 wrote:I played xcom 2 the base game 40 hours for the entire year I had it. Long war 2 so far in 2 weeks alone I have clocked in 60 hours.

I'd clocked in ~150hours in the vanilla game since release, seeing your post i somewhat sheepishly decided to check steam .. i'm up to 354hours spent now :D
First step in overcoming addiction is admitting you have a problem. I'm not there yet, not by along shot :P
mr_j936

Post by mr_j936 »

Just to clarify, on steam I am now up to 100 hours, the 60 hours are just purely long war 2.

It's mostly just restarting the game, playing veteran and still never managed to liberate one zone, I suck at it lol.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Desslok wrote:
mr_j936 wrote:I played xcom 2 the base game 40 hours for the entire year I had it. Long war 2 so far in 2 weeks alone I have clocked in 60 hours.

I'd clocked in ~150hours in the vanilla game since release, seeing your post i somewhat sheepishly decided to check steam .. i'm up to 354hours spent now :D
First step in overcoming addiction is admitting you have a problem. I'm not there yet, not by along shot :P
170/346 hours for me. LW2 has been very addicting...
mr_j936

Post by mr_j936 »

It certainly is much more immersive than the base game, you really feel the atmosphere of guerrilla warfare and chaos... The base game neatly gave us one mission at a time, with convenient difficulty. While here you can find easy-ish missions later and hard enemies early...

And all the new classes and cool perks as well...
Sines

Post by Sines »

Amidst all our criticisms about how we'd like the game to be, I guess it can give the wrong impression sometimes. It's all because of how much we love the game as it is, and our hopes and belief that you can continue to asymptote towards perfection.

Thanks for all you've done Pavonis. You're work isn't perfectly tailored to anyone, but it's pretty gosh darn close.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

I've been playing LW2 non-stop (I mean literally at least 12 hours a day, with gaps only due to a temporary Adderall shortage) since the hour of its release. Suffice it to say, I'm a fan and want to speak my thanks as well for such an awesome mod!
Scydrapheen

Post by Scydrapheen »

I just had to register to also express my gratitude for the mod.

With Long War 2, the fun factor is through the roof. The tactical retreats after an objective is complete and the map is swarming are some of the most intense moments in any strategy game.

While the first XCOM had a very nostalgic feel, as the remake it was, and the first Long War felt like an incredible mod that intensified the experience, now I realize that, with Long War 2, Xcom really rooted its own identity and brought me to a all new experience.

Again, a big thank you for all the hard work and dedication