Rulers / Alien Hunter DLC missing?

sirburton

Rulers / Alien Hunter DLC missing?

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys
I've been playing LW2 for quite a time. I've just started research for shadow chamber, killed the codex, stole the item from hidden raffinery base, made contact with several regions, developed many research and so on
and still haven't met one ruler.
Also the Snake King Dlc hasn't appeared yet, while Shen's last gift appeared 2-3 months after campaign start.
In vanilla game I would aready be fighting berserker queen I guess.
Why rulers still missing? What about Snake king dlc ?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
mmCion

Re: Rulers / Alien Hunter DLC missing?

Post by mmCion »

same here, got to plasma weapons, very advanced in campaign, several liberated regions, avatar project almost done, got the psionic gate, and still no ruler mission.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

mmCion wrote:same here, got to plasma weapons, very advanced in campaign, several liberated regions, avatar project almost done, got the psionic gate, and still no ruler mission.
Anyone can please explain this?
Why the rulers are not spawning? This kills the game experience.
Also why no serpent king yet ?
Zaramnor

Post by Zaramnor »

Had the same during my playthrough ... Sparks after a few Missions, no Viper King or any ruler for the whole campaign. I thought it would by my fault, that I forgot to check the option for rulers DLC, but I was pretty sure, to check it. Now that both of you had the same experience, I m really sure I checked it.
Merkle

Post by Merkle »

It will be fixed in 1.2.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Merkle wrote:It will be fixed in 1.2.
do we have a release date?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... en_rulers/
One guys says here that it might be due to other mods using the XComMissions.in
Currently my other mod using this file is the Evac All. Could it be affecting the missing spawn of rulers?
Frozen Shepard

Post by Frozen Shepard »

sirburton wrote:

Currently my other mod using this file is the Evac All. Could it be affecting the missing spawn of rulers?
Why'd you ask that. Now another rookie is dead and it's all your fault.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Frozen Shepard wrote:
sirburton wrote:

Don't get this. And probably I don't intend to. Just want to solve this bug
Frozen Shepard

Post by Frozen Shepard »

sirburton wrote:
Frozen Shepard wrote:
sirburton wrote: do we have a release date?

Don't get this. And probably I don't intend to. Just want to solve this bug
It's from the 1.1 update. Johnny Lump posted at the end of the upcoming changes that asking for a release date killed rookies.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Yeah, whenever you lose a dashing rookie in dense smoke to an overwatch shot from a disoriented Sectoid with 1 HP, it's because someone asked about a release date.

Please think of the rookies.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Devon_v wrote:Yeah, whenever you lose a dashing rookie in dense smoke to an overwatch shot from a disoriented Sectoid with 1 HP, it's because someone asked about a release date.

Please think of the rookies.
Now I get it better.
Do we have a release date ?
Advent will have global domination if I keep up with this
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Afaik, with 1.1 the possible appearance of the Nest POI is tied to Forcelevel 12, which means roughly November. But you still need an Intel Package to have a chance to spawn it.
Is there another bug i'm not aware of?
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Zyrrashijn wrote:Afaik, with 1.1 the possible appearance of the Nest POI is tied to Forcelevel 12, which means roughly November. But you still need an Intel Package to have a chance to spawn it.
force 12 ? 8-9 is the max I managed to get. What about other rulers ?
Sines

Post by Sines »

sirburton wrote: Now I get it better.
Do we have a release date ?
You monster.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

sirburton wrote:
Zyrrashijn wrote:Afaik, with 1.1 the possible appearance of the Nest POI is tied to Forcelevel 12, which means roughly November. But you still need an Intel Package to have a chance to spawn it.
Force Level is a behind the scene number that controls when Advanced Troopers and Serpens and new things like Archons show up. It's not related to ADVENT strength.

In any event the gist of it is that you shouldn't spawn Rulers before you're actually ready to face them, unlike vanilla where you can get them hunting you practically from day 1.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Devon_v wrote:
sirburton wrote:
Force Level is a behind the scene number that controls when Advanced Troopers and Serpens and new things like Archons show up. It's not related to ADVENT strength.

In any event the gist of it is that you shouldn't spawn Rulers before you're actually ready to face them, unlike vanilla where you can get them hunting you practically from day 1.
So
they're missing due to a bug?
Or
The game isn't just spawning them yet, because "it's not the right moment" ?
Concerning monsters I'm facing, I've met just a couple of Archons so far, 2-3 berserker and mutons, mutons elite, all type of serpens and codexes sometime. So will I meet berserker queen and archon king later and serpent king later on ?
Frozen Shepard

Post by Frozen Shepard »

sirburton wrote:
Devon_v wrote:
sirburton wrote: force 12 ? 8-9 is the max I managed to get. What about other rulers ?

So
Or
Concerning monsters I'm facing, I've met just a couple of Archons so far, 2-3 berserker and mutons, mutons elite, all type of serpens and codexes sometime. So will I meet berserker queen and archon king later and serpent king later on ?
They aren't missing, I've gotten them to pop up. The main issue is that they are just one Intel package reward on a list of other rewards. RNG can simply miss these missions again and again because the other rewards are repeatable so the list doesn't shorten. I don't know how many rewards there are total, but basically you have a chance to get these or some other scan sight on the geoscape.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Frozen Shepard wrote:
sirburton wrote:
Devon_v wrote: Force Level is a behind the scene number that controls when Advanced Troopers and Serpens and new things like Archons show up. It's not related to ADVENT strength.

So
Or
They aren't missing, I've gotten them to pop up. The main issue is that they are just one Intel package reward on a list of other rewards. RNG can simply miss these missions again and again because the other rewards are repeatable so the list doesn't shorten. I don't know how many rewards there are total, but basically you have a chance to get these or some other scan sight on the geoscape.
Oh
I always thought that "intel package" rewards were just bunch of intel to be used for example to contact new areas.
So what are these packages? What can you -find inside- them ?
ConradKurze

Post by ConradKurze »

sirburton wrote:Oh
I always thought that "intel package" rewards were just bunch of intel to be used for example to contact new areas.
So what are these packages? What can you -find inside- them ?
An Intel Package is a Point of Interest (Fire Axis, Furies, Transport with Alien Hunter Weapons, etc). Those scanning points on the map that give supplies/scientist/engineer/etc.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Yeah, in vanilla you basically always got a PoI after a successful mission. In LW2 you get them when the mission says you do.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Devon_v wrote:Yeah, in vanilla you basically always got a PoI after a successful mission. In LW2 you get them when the mission says you do.
Now I fully get it. So basically it's not a bug anyway right?
It's just me and others being unlucky and not getting packages that lead to rulers.
Is there a list of all the pois gainable through the packages?
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

sirburton wrote:
Devon_v wrote:Yeah, in vanilla you basically always got a PoI after a successful mission. In LW2 you get them when the mission says you do.
Now I fully get it. So basically it's not a bug anyway right?
It's just me and others being unlucky and not getting packages that lead to rulers.
Is there a list of all the pois gainable through the packages?
The packages are the only way you get any of them as far as I know.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

I've done all the missions with find a lead and intel package as reward. Haven't got not even a mission with ruler yet - _ -
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

After patch 1.1, I don`t get any DLC mission as well. Therefore I try this:
LWForceMission AlienNest
LWForceMission LostTower
This is the console commands for spawn DLC mission.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

rifleman wrote:After patch 1.1, I don`t get any DLC mission as well. Therefore I try this:
LWForceMission AlienNest
LWForceMission LostTower
This is the console commands for spawn DLC mission.
I got shen dlc but nest is missing...which is not too bad for me. Snake armor is ugly, i'm just missing the fun of the ruler fight.
What about other rulers? Is there any command to spawn them the first time and then having the chance of finding them again in other missions without using the console againa nd again ?