So Jonny Lump....

Beastfeast

So Jonny Lump....

Post by Beastfeast »

got anything to say about this?

https://steamdb.info/app/268500/dlc/

DLC unknown?? I'm guessing that you are aware of this but aren't allowed to say much.
But are you allowed to say that you aren't allowed to say anything :lol:
Bill

Re: So Jonny Lump....

Post by Bill »

Most NDAs I've heard of don't even let you say that you've signed them. But, I doubt you expect JL to actually respond
Bantichai

Post by Bantichai »

I've been waiting for this, if there is another XCOM dlc along the way, I hope it's as big as Enemy Within. That plus Long War 2, will make for some ungodly fun :D
Daergar

Post by Daergar »

We'll get to go to Mars!

Or underwater... *shudder*.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

A big expansion pack (rather than the small DLCs) is extremely likely now that the base game is 1 year old. It won't be released soon thought so we probably have plenty of time to play LW2 before Firaxis releases their own expansion.
Bill wrote:Most NDAs I've heard of don't even let you say that you've signed them. But, I doubt you expect JL to actually respond
I actually expect he will respond if he told us, he'd have to hand us to Advent for quick "processing" or something similar :lol:
Raven496

Post by Raven496 »

err...this was offered on steam long before lw2, for XCom 2...but maybe I'm not sure what your saying....
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Raven496 wrote:err...this was offered on steam long before lw2, for XCom 2...but maybe I'm not sure what your saying....
There's a new, hidden DLC entry as of ~3 days ago. Firaxis might be releasing some new content of some flavour relatively soon, but it's hard to say.

~~

Personally, I kind of doubt that it will be a huge game-changing overhaul. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to release the equivalent of Enemy Within after Firaxis very clearly spent time and money and energy on supporting Long War 2 (c.f. new autopsy scene for Muton Elites with new lines from Tygan, and JL's comments on translation being expensive) unless LW2 is already positioned to support the new content -- but if it is, then they've done an outstanding job of tidying up their code and leaving no suspicious references for players to find. But this would also require the PI crew to probably be maintaining a second branch of LW2 that is ready to launch.

I'd guess that we're probably instead looking at some kind of mega content pack - soldier customization options, voice packs, map plots and parcels, and so on. Possibly more narrative content in the vein of AH/SLG. We'll just have to wait and see.
laestic

Post by laestic »

Actually if Pavonis is working in this sekreet DLC, it's good news because of the awesome player-dev feedback.
Not to say that, after such a long and exhausting war to crush the alien occupation, there is more terror from the deep coming.
Toosdey

Post by Toosdey »

They are under contract with 2K, so I would be surprised if they DIDNT have some clue about what it is, if not knowing out right. That being said, Pavonis is running a strict no leaking policy as it's somthing that developers do care about, and it will help to show they don't just leak things willy nilly when they need to find one in the future.
ConradKurze

Post by ConradKurze »

Arcalane wrote:c.f. new autopsy scene for Muton Elites with new lines from Tygan
Actually that could just be new assets for the expansion that Firaxis let Pavonis use early. Seems more likely than Firaxis paying for new VOs for a mod.
Frozen Shepard

Post by Frozen Shepard »

Don't get too hyped, this could just be an HD graphics pack.
trihero

Post by trihero »

(c.f. new autopsy scene for Muton Elites with new lines from Tygan, and JL's comments on translation being expensive)
Were those lines actually voice acted from the original Tygan? It's a very good impression but it sounds just a tad off, it honestly sounds to me like a white guy did it o.o
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

trihero wrote:
(c.f. new autopsy scene for Muton Elites with new lines from Tygan, and JL's comments on translation being expensive)
Were those lines actually voice acted from the original Tygan? It's a very good impression but it sounds just a tad off, it honestly sounds to me like a white guy did it o.o
Sounded more or less legit to me, but the writing was very vague and meandering - mostly it seemed out of place compared to the original autopsy recordings, which might be why it sounded slightly off.

Also kind of a challenge recapturing the original 'feel' from however many months ago the original recording sessions were, etc.
Hidoi

Post by Hidoi »

I'm hoping for it to be the ability to play Xocm 2 in co-op, that would be amazing.
Sadly it won't, but here's to hope. :)

(Yes I know there's an unfinished mod for co-op, that sadly will remain unfinished)
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

I actually got the impression that the VO for the Muton Elite Autopsy was just sliced up lines from other autopsies. If I recall there's a line about "mental acuity" or something that sounded a lot like the Advent Captain autopsy and a line about "more advanced weapons and armor" that sounded like the Shieldbearer autopsy.
Bantichai

Post by Bantichai »

That could be, maybe they were just reused lines. On the topic of aliens, has anyone encountered Avatars outside of the story missions, do they appear in normal missions in LW2? Sorry for asking an irrelevant question, but I'm dying to know if anyone has encountered them. I always thought they were underused in vanilla.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Frozen Shepard wrote:Don't get too hyped, this could just be an HD graphics pack.
Yep that's just what XCOM2 really needs... I mean I don't have a beast PC, but it's midrange (FX6300+Rad270) and I still have to use low preset!
Sines

Post by Sines »

Arcalane wrote: -- but if it is, then they've done an outstanding job of tidying up their code and leaving no suspicious references for players to find. But this would also require the PI crew to probably be maintaining a second branch of LW2 that is ready to launch.

I'd guess that we're probably instead looking at some kind of mega content pack - soldier customization options, voice packs, map plots and parcels, and so on. Possibly more narrative content in the vein of AH/SLG. We'll just have to wait and see.
Well, it would just need to be the case that the DLC releases things that Long War 2 has already replaced. For example, a re-balancing of classes or possibly new classes. Well, Long War 2 can ignore those, since it uses it's own classes. What about an additional mechanic like meld? Well, it could just be that Pavonis has no desire to change this !meld in Long War. The Alien Hunter content remains more or less identical to my knowledge. And the SPARK changes in Long War 2 are, I think, just a few .ini changes that could potentially be done in 5 minutes by anyone who knows where the appropriate .ini values are.

So I think an EW expansion wouldn't be too hard for Pavonis to keep a seperate build for, or simply hold back a few .ini configurations from the release. All Fireaxis had to do was tell Pavonis what they'd be including, and Pavonis might tell Fireaxis how to write some of those changes to make them as easy as possible to mod. Fireaxis will do it as part of their general desire to keep the game modable, and by doing that, Pavonis might be able to easily keep a second build on the side.

Alternatively, Pavonis is not going to include the expansion in Long War right away, and will want to see how the new mechanics work out when tried by a large player base. Fireaxis may even want Pavonis to let their expansion stand on it's own before it enters into Long War, for whatever reason.
Vandal81

Post by Vandal81 »

I think they will have dlc seperate and nothing to do with lw,makes sense business wise to appeal to the crowed who wants more vanilla,
me personaly loved lw1 and loving lw2 and will buy any xcom related games from firaxis:-)looking forward to march 10.
Need to go and not fail an hq assult now.