Liberation 3 Enemy Resistance

MacroNova

Liberation 3 Enemy Resistance

Post by MacroNova »

So I queued up a Lib 3 - destroy the device - in a strength 5 region. The baseline activity was Light but I had enough time to infiltrate to 125%. Imagine my surprise when I finished infiltrating and the activity was Light-Moderate! The region strength was still 5 by the way.

"Oh well," I thought, "I'll just use my boost." Playing on Veteran, so it's a 75% bonus. And guess what? Still Light-Moderate after boosting! Is this intended? A display bug? A bug bug? I haven't run the mission yet but I'm not looking forward to it.
Ketchup4684

Re: Liberation 3 Enemy Resistance

Post by Ketchup4684 »

The lib missions have 2 - 3 strength above the normal regional strength, so that's why you're seeing more enemies. As for the boost, i dunno why the display didnt change.
MacroNova

Post by MacroNova »

It's fine if the Lib missions are harder, but I swear the mission was Light when I first deployed to it (I write all this stuff down on a spreadsheet to track missions). This mission showed baseline Light when it first appeared, and I was able to infiltrate to 129% (225% with boost). Regional strength didn't change either. Is there another variable that can affect enemy resistance level?
MacroNova

Post by MacroNova »

Reloaded a save from before the mission and it is now showing Light, but still no effect from boosting.
Last edited by MacroNova on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
wei270

Post by wei270 »

happen to me too how ever mine at 190% infil got me from supposed very light to light so it was still do able and the region stregth never changed
Randal Miser

Post by Randal Miser »

I'm pretty sure it also affects what type of enemies show up.

So maybe one light-moderate had more sectoids and vipers, and the other light-moderate had more advent troopers?