Question about heaven management mechanics.

Ithuriel

Re: Question about heaven management mechanics.

Post by Ithuriel »

Tuhalu wrote:
Ithuriel wrote: Separate question- what leads to resistance members ranking up? I've carefully given every one of 6 members a kill in a spy mission, and only one of them ranked up (...now I think about it I think one may have gotten two kills). Is it a set kill # to aim for, so I can try and rank up 3 members every mission or something? Also, I think the game is bugged... I've literally never seen a rank 1 rebel i.e. one with 1 perk who's worth 1.5 on a job; every single rebel I've seen is either level 0 or level 2.
From what I've seen in the ini files, there appears to be a mechanic where each Rebel has a chance of levelling up based on how long they've been working at their current level in the last month (so a guy that just turned up in the haven yesterday is less likely to level than one that turned up 2 weeks ago). It's checked at the end of each month (not sure if that's supply drop "month" or calendar month). The higher the level, the lower the chance they level up, with level 3 being the max.
So they gain literally nothing from kills in spy missions? Also, this doesn't explain why I've never seen a second-level rebel.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Ithuriel wrote:Also, this doesn't explain why I've never seen a second-level rebel.
I can't tell you what I don't know :D
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Ithuriel wrote:
Tuhalu wrote:
Ithuriel wrote: Separate question- what leads to resistance members ranking up? I've carefully given every one of 6 members a kill in a spy mission, and only one of them ranked up (...now I think about it I think one may have gotten two kills). Is it a set kill # to aim for, so I can try and rank up 3 members every mission or something? Also, I think the game is bugged... I've literally never seen a rank 1 rebel i.e. one with 1 perk who's worth 1.5 on a job; every single rebel I've seen is either level 0 or level 2.
From what I've seen in the ini files, there appears to be a mechanic where each Rebel has a chance of levelling up based on how long they've been working at their current level in the last month (so a guy that just turned up in the haven yesterday is less likely to level than one that turned up 2 weeks ago). It's checked at the end of each month (not sure if that's supply drop "month" or calendar month). The higher the level, the lower the chance they level up, with level 3 being the max.
So they gain literally nothing from kills in spy missions? Also, this doesn't explain why I've never seen a second-level rebel.
Are you perhaps misinterpreting the fact that they gain 2 perks at level 2, as being max-level? AFAIK, rebels gain 1 little hex-pip thing at rank 2, and gain 2 perks. Then again, a second hex-pip thing and another 2 perks (for a total of 4) at max rank.
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

seananigans wrote:
Ithuriel wrote:
Tuhalu wrote: From what I've seen in the ini files, there appears to be a mechanic where each Rebel has a chance of levelling up based on how long they've been working at their current level in the last month (so a guy that just turned up in the haven yesterday is less likely to level than one that turned up 2 weeks ago). It's checked at the end of each month (not sure if that's supply drop "month" or calendar month). The higher the level, the lower the chance they level up, with level 3 being the max.
Are you perhaps misinterpreting the fact that they gain 2 perks at level 2, as being max-level? AFAIK, rebels gain 1 little hex-pip thing at rank 2, and gain 2 perks. Then again, a second hex-pip thing and another 2 perks (for a total of 4) at max rank.
Oh goddamit XD I thought the 2 perks were meaning they were max level... and I figured that the hex-pip thing would be like embossed at max level and basic at level 1. Derp XD I feel exceptionally silly, thank you sir!
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Here is an example I want to somebody confirm me if I am right:

- Region Recently contacted, 4 rebels (A, B, C, D), no recruited.
- Faceles mission triger just after putting advisor, no rebels recruited.
- Mission squad: Advisor + Rebel A + Rebel B
- Faceless: Rebel C

Does it mean that Rebel D is 100% sure a faceless? Should I put him hidden as soon as end the mission?
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

josna238 wrote:Here is an example I want to somebody confirm me if I am right:

- Region Recently contacted, 4 rebels (A, B, C, D), no recruited.
- Faceles mission triger just after putting advisor, no rebels recruited.
- Mission squad: Advisor + Rebel A + Rebel B
- Faceless: Rebel C

Does it mean that Rebel D is 100% sure a faceless? Should I put him hidden as soon as end the mission?
Even one of your rebels on the mission could be a faceless that isn't ready to break their cover. You can never be 100% sure you cleared all Faceless or if anyone is or isn't a Faceless, just pretty sure.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I honestly don't know the logic for how the game chooses how many rebels to go with you on a mission. Clearly, it's not 1 fighting rebel per rebel in the haven because you never get more than like 6 rebels fighting with you even if you have 13 rebels in the haven. I don't know how it works with low numbers of people either.

I also disbelieve the statement that people starting in the haven can't be faceless, since I have gone a faceless mission on day 1. I do believe that faceless rebels can fight with you.

Practically, I don't even try to keep track of who is faceless and not. I just try to keep an adviser in havens all the time and only switch to engineer if it's a liberated region and I weeded out at least a couple faceless beforehand (I'm not saying this guarantees it's faceless-free, but at some point I'd rather the soldier do something else and hopefully the engineer bonus is making up for any potential remaining faceless).
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Does anybody know if there is any negative consebquence by putting too many ebels on the same job?

I mean because I throw away my first campaing and restarted with 1.2 and decided to put all rebels on intel on homeregion (and recruit for jails and hacks) and all on recruiting for contacted regions and feel it too overpowered. I am catching suply raids with 5-6 days, rescues with 7-8 days and guerrillas with 8-10 days... while on my first game I rarely get a mision with more than 4 days.
nightwyrm

Post by nightwyrm »

josna238 wrote:Does anybody know if there is any negative consebquence by putting too many ebels on the same job?

I mean because I throw away my first campaing and restarted with 1.2 and decided to put all rebels on intel on homeregion (and recruit for jails and hacks) and all on recruiting for contacted regions and feel it too overpowered. I am catching suply raids with 5-6 days, rescues with 7-8 days and guerrillas with 8-10 days... while on my first game I rarely get a mision with more than 4 days.
More than 4 rebels on one job enables the mini-retals (protect data tap etc.). More than 6 working enables full retaliations.

But the upside of having more ppl on intel is so good (you're actually able to do real missions, wow), I consider Retaliations the cost of doing the rebel business.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Tuhalu wrote:
Thanks a lot.

Then correct me if I am wrong. If I theoretically have 6 Intel, 6 Supply aND 1 RECruit I can only receive miniretaliatons?
marceror

Post by marceror »

Heaven, you say?
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven
Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven
Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please, begging please
Maybe something like that?
nightwyrm

Post by nightwyrm »

josna238 wrote:
Tuhalu wrote:
Thanks a lot.

Then correct me if I am wrong. If I theoretically have 6 Intel, 6 Supply aND 1 RECruit I can only receive miniretaliatons?
Not quite. If you have more than 6 rebels in total working on any job, you can get full retals.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

josna238 wrote: If I theoretically have 6 Intel, 6 Supply aND 1 RECruit I can only receive miniretaliatons?
With those numbers, you can get an Intel Mini-Retaliation, Supply Mini-retaliation and any regular Retaliation. If you went with 5 Intel, 5 Supply and 3 Recruit you'd avoid the Mini-Retaliations (assuming you didn't accidentally assign a faceless to either of those jobs), but will still be vulnerable to normal Retaliations.

The best way to avoid Retaliations is to Liberate the region or having only 4 guys working jobs (everyone else on hiding) in the region. Obviously, Liberations are the better result as you can either farm new recruits or supply with little fear.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Tuhalu wrote:.... If you went with 5 Intel, 5 Supply and 3 Recruit you'd avoid the Mini-Retaliations (assuming you didn't accidentally assign a faceless to either of those jobs), but will still be vulnerable to normal Retaliations...
Thanks for answer, that was my distribution on my first attempt(5/5/3), but I had huge problems with infiltration times, early game supply raids at less than 1 day, and couldn't pick a single engineer or scientist for months because low times (even with 5 intel plus avenger).
josna238

Post by josna238 »

I know rhat changing a rebel means the loss of a day of work, changing the avenger means the loss of 6 hours of work, but does anybody know wich is the loss of time when we change advisors? and does it depend on the advisor class?
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

josna238 wrote:I know rhat changing a rebel means the loss of a day of work, changing the avenger means the loss of 6 hours of work, but does anybody know wich is the loss of time when we change advisors? and does it depend on the advisor class?
Changing advisors has no loss and the class does not matter, only soldier/officer/psi ranks.