Question about heaven management mechanics.

josna238

Question about heaven management mechanics.

Post by josna238 »

We can put an assistant on a heave, but what is the refresh time of the effect? I mean If I have a soldier assisting a heaven how much must he stay there to begin helping? Obviously mi idea is to keep soldiers assisting heavens and pick them as soon as I need them, but if they need time staying on heaven to begin work (and it is long) . My startegy won't worth it.
trihero

Re: Question about heaven management mechanics.

Post by trihero »

I *assume* it takes advisers one day to start working, because this is how it works with rebels on jobs (the game tells you explicitly it takes rebels 1 day to switch to a new job).
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Also what happens to their accumulated intel towards faceless detection when you remove them? At best it won't grow, at worst it could be lost.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

LordYanaek wrote:Also what happens to their accumulated intel towards faceless detection when you remove them? At best it won't grow, at worst it could be lost.
I have read all the ingame info and somewhere I read that the faceless hunting mission can appear if a soldier is assisting so I guess that we lose that info. But it depends on if the number is attached to the assistant or to the heaven.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

josna238 wrote:But it depends on if the number is attached to the assistant or to the heaven.
Exactly what i'd like to know!
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Anybody knows what is the meaning of the small dot that appear on the haven management screen on the right of some haven names?
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

josna238 wrote:Anybody knows what is the meaning of the small dot that appear on the haven management screen on the right of some haven names?
That's liberation progress. You can one for each lib mission you do.
trihero

Post by trihero »

LordYanaek wrote:
josna238 wrote:But it depends on if the number is attached to the assistant or to the heaven.
Exactly what i'd like to know!
I'm guessing it's attached to the haven, just like rebel job progression is tied to the haven. It's just like if you scan with the avenger for a bit and leave; the intel for that short while you scanned is still accumulated to the haven not the avenger.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

The intel pool for detecting a Rendezvous mission should be tied to the Haven not the adviser, BUT you are only actively rolling to detect it every day if there is an adviser present. The activity will also periodically complete and spawn a new one, which will reset progress since it's now a different Rendezvous you're trying to pin down.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Yeah, the Faceless hunt is actually a standard alien mission that runs for a very long time, and points for detecting it can only be accumulated by soldier advisors. An advisor provides progress towards this every six hours, and the pool is stored in the mission, not the soldier, so it doesn't matter who is doing it. The mission expires every once in a while and a new one spawns, so progress can be lost occasionally, but so long as there's a soldier present you'll find it eventually.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

I know the faceless can steal supplies. What other effects they have? And how much?

I mean for example: "A no hunted faceless make intell decrease in X%" or "a faceless makes the job of the fake rebel doesn't count"
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

They are very annoying.
  • I don't think they contribute to a job, but i'm absolutely not sure about this. I'm not even sure where i got this idea from, probably read it somewhere but can't remember where.
  • They do reduce the efficiency of the task, there are entries for this in the ini. So at best they contribute but only partially to a job, at worst they are actually hurting the job. EDIT : for recruit at least, they actually hurt the job. A rebel gives you 3 recruit point and a faceless takes away 5 (see this post) so even if they do add 3 first (from the linked post, it looks like they don't!) they actually "add" -2 in the end.
  • They make mini-retaliations more likely! You need 6 rebels on a specific job (intel, supply, recruit) to trigger those minus the number of assigned faceless. This means 2 rebels + 2 faceless on intel is enough to trigger an Advent intel raid. Those missions are annoying because they give you nothing there is a high risk of loosing some (or even all) of your rebels.
  • Of course, they steal a % of your supplies
What i don't know is whether loosing or ignoring a rendez-vous increases the chances for a retaliation. I've had a rendez-vous in a newly contact 4 rebels region where only 2 rebels joined me :shock: I was unsure whether i should abandon it and write the names of the soldiers who came with me so i could put the other 2 on "hiding" to keep them away from real activities or try it with only 3 guys.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Then, the faceless are attached to rebels. So are these things correct?

1.- If I have 6 rebels, the faceless mission is triggered but in the mission only appear 4 rebel soldier. It means tahat I had 2 faceless.

2.- The faceless are the men whose names are not listed in mission.

3.- If I abort mission the faceless still is into the same rebel, so I can put him into hidden to avoid him make damage.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Well, i think it works like this. However in that mission i had 2 rebels with me and faced only 1 faceless in the mission so the 3rd rebel is either a faceless that still pretend he's a rebel or a coward. I think (well, i hope) the rebels that actually went with the advisor are safe. I would really like a definitive answer rather than some guesswork thought :?
josna238

Post by josna238 »

More questions here:

1.- If I have a rebel who has ranked up. Does it mean that he is not a faceless?

2.- If a soldier goes into a faceless mission do he be discarded as an faceless forever? Or all soldiers have a chance of beign infected at any moment?

3.- Do ranked rebel work better than the others?

4.- Can I detect a faceless if that rebel is put as "hidden"

5.- Wich is the standar number of rebels in squads of faceless missions? and the máximum?

Thanks in advance for answers.
justdont

Post by justdont »

josna238 wrote:Then, the faceless are attached to rebels. So are these things correct?

1.- If I have 6 rebels, the faceless mission is triggered but in the mission only appear 4 rebel soldier. It means tahat I had 2 faceless.

2.- The faceless are the men whose names are not listed in mission.

3.- If I abort mission the faceless still is into the same rebel, so I can put him into hidden to avoid him make damage.
1. Not necessarily. Not all non-faceless rebels will appear on a Rendezvous mission (or other COIN missions). But of course faceless rebels will never appear there.
2. Again, not necessarily.
3. If you launch the mission then evac, the faceless rebel (one that appears on the mission) will vanish anyway. Even if you didn't approach him at all. If you don't launch the mission, it won't go away.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

josna238 wrote:More questions here:

1.- If I have a rebel who has ranked up. Does it mean that he is not a faceless?

2.- If a soldier goes into a faceless mission do he be discarded as an faceless forever? Or all soldiers have a chance of beign infected at any moment?

5.- Wich is the standar number of rebels in squads of faceless missions? and the máximum?

1. no
2. Wether a rebel is a hidden faceless or not is determined upon recruitment.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. I think 6 is the max.
justdont

Post by justdont »

josna238 wrote:More questions here:

1. I don't think it's a good indication of anything. I'm not sure if faceless rebels can gain ranks, but they certainly can come in already ranked. So if you got a ranked rebel from a mission, it doesn't mean that it's not a faceless.
2. What? Your soldiers can't be faceless agents at all.
3. Yes.
4. Faceless rebels will steal your supplies ("unknown causes" in a monthly report) no matter if they're assigned any job or not. So yes, as long as monthly report gives you some "unknown causes" income loss, you have some faceless around. And yes, your soldier advisor will eventually detect them no matter if they're doing a job or not.
5. I haven't seen more than 6 rebels + advisor, I think.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Faceless also have a negative impact on the job they are assigned to.
Raven496

Post by Raven496 »

Zyrrashijn wrote:Faceless also have a negative impact on the job they are assigned to.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...But my impression is the presence of faceless impacts EVERY JOB, not just supplies, and the supply report is just a weak reminder of this event. It cuts into mission detection and recruitment effort just the same as supply gathering.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Yes, that's what i wrote. To my knowledge, they always steal resources and impact the job they are assigned to negatively.
Skyfire

Post by Skyfire »

justdont wrote:1. Not necessarily. Not all non-faceless rebels will appear on a Rendezvous mission (or other COIN missions). But of course faceless rebels will never appear there.
2. Again, not necessarily.
3. If you launch the mission then evac, the faceless rebel (one that appears on the mission) will vanish anyway. Even if you didn't approach him at all. If you don't launch the mission, it won't go away.
Faceless rebels certainly can appear on a Rendezvous or a retaliation as a 'real' rebel - it's happened at least twice on-screen on XWynns' campaign on youtube.

And - again based on what we've seen on-screen in that campaign - it also seems like you have to actually reveal the faceless infiltrator (but not necessarily kill them) to remove them. Just spawning the mission and then immediately evacuating may not work.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Then I see very importan focus on eliminating Faceless, as the mission is easy and the reward is high (corpses and a lot of rebel work). So, what are the ways to increase the chances of detecting a faceles? number of intel rebels, rank of advisor, class of advisor or what?
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

josna238 wrote:Then I see very importan focus on eliminating Faceless, as the mission is easy and the reward is high (corpses and a lot of rebel work). So, what are the ways to increase the chances of detecting a faceles? number of intel rebels, rank of advisor, class of advisor or what?
Afaik it's purely based on soldier adviser rank.

Separate question- what leads to resistance members ranking up? I've carefully given every one of 6 members a kill in a spy mission, and only one of them ranked up (...now I think about it I think one may have gotten two kills). Is it a set kill # to aim for, so I can try and rank up 3 members every mission or something? Also, I think the game is bugged... I've literally never seen a rank 1 rebel i.e. one with 1 perk who's worth 1.5 on a job; every single rebel I've seen is either level 0 or level 2.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Ithuriel wrote: Separate question- what leads to resistance members ranking up? I've carefully given every one of 6 members a kill in a spy mission, and only one of them ranked up (...now I think about it I think one may have gotten two kills). Is it a set kill # to aim for, so I can try and rank up 3 members every mission or something? Also, I think the game is bugged... I've literally never seen a rank 1 rebel i.e. one with 1 perk who's worth 1.5 on a job; every single rebel I've seen is either level 0 or level 2.
From what I've seen in the ini files, there appears to be a mechanic where each Rebel has a chance of levelling up based on how long they've been working at their current level in the last month (so a guy that just turned up in the haven yesterday is less likely to level than one that turned up 2 weeks ago). It's checked at the end of each month (not sure if that's supply drop "month" or calendar month). The higher the level, the lower the chance they level up, with level 3 being the max.