How does the AI deal with reconcealed soldiers?

brunodema

How does the AI deal with reconcealed soldiers?

Post by brunodema »

Hi

So... I was trying to stealth for the second time a facility assault and I ended up savescumming because I got pretty mad, and I'm not proud of it. What happened: they flanked one of my three shinobi team (no problem here), but he had conceal on it, so I just hid and used the perk. Three turns after, while I was trying to get away from the pod, an activated archon dashed about 13 tiles EXACTLY where one of my other shinobis were, and this was another shinobi, not even the one that got revealed before. I just want to know for the next time I play, how does the AI cope with this situation? Even if your team is stealth-ed, do they still know where you are until the end of the mission? Or was it a perfect coincidence that he found one of my soldiers? I'm just curious if this is the intended game design or if LW2 changed anything regarding what the AI would do in these situations.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Re: How does the AI deal with reconcealed soldiers?

Post by Devon_v »

From what I recall the AI sometimes knows exactly where you are. It's not supposed to, but sometimes the vanilla "no stealth for you!" logic kicks in for some reason.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I just want to know for the next time I play, how does the AI cope with this situation? Even if your team is stealth-ed, do they still know where you are until the end of the mission? Or was it a perfect coincidence that he found one of my soldiers? I'm just curious if this is the intended game design or if LW2 changed anything regarding what the AI would do in these situations.
I've restealthed after being found, and IMO they DO NOT know exactly where you are. They still stay on yellow alert. They run around generally where they thought you were and they go on overwatch here and there. They do not go back to their original patrol path. If you get caught again it's by accident or you being careless by staying in the same area.
wei270

Post by wei270 »

yeah the AI respond very poorly to re concealed units, either they run around aimlessly to find him or they just forget he ever existed