EXO armor

nightwyrm

EXO armor

Post by nightwyrm »

So is the EXO suppose to NOT have any armor points?
Sines

Re: EXO armor

Post by Sines »

Probably. -1 HP and Armor compared to Predator Armor, along with a little more expense, and you get a free Shredstorm Cannon to use once per mission. I think it's awesome. Spider Suit is what surprised me more, only giving +1 HP, +10 Dodge and the Grapple ability, but at a much higher cost than Predator Armor. But the Grapple ability is pretty nice.

Apart from the cost of the Spider Suit, I think the armors are all well balanced against each other.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Sines wrote:Probably. -1 HP and Armor compared to Predator Armor, along with a little more expense, and you get a free Shredstorm Cannon to use once per mission.
And if you bring a Technical, you can equip it with 2 extra Rockets or 2 extra Flamethrower uses (instead of the Shredstorm or whatever else you might get on it). This makes it virtually mandatory for Technicals imo.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Tuhalu wrote:
Sines wrote:Probably. -1 HP and Armor compared to Predator Armor, along with a little more expense, and you get a free Shredstorm Cannon to use once per mission.
And if you bring a Technical, you can equip it with 2 extra Rockets or 2 extra Flamethrower uses (instead of the Shredstorm or whatever else you might get on it). This makes it virtually mandatory for Technicals imo.
One extra rocket or two extra Flamethrowers (and 1 extra Roust)
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Pretty sure if you actually read the description on the tech once the research is finished, it specifically mentions they traded down a little armour for that extra firepower.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

nightwyrm wrote:So is the EXO suppose to NOT have any armor points?
Yes, due to the fragile machinery needed to carry heavy weapons, the armor isn't as strong as predator armor in that stage.

For gameplay it's so that EXO is a trade off not a buff over predator.