Supression and Reaction Fire (Also Holotargeters)

Ithuriel

Supression and Reaction Fire (Also Holotargeters)

Post by Ithuriel »

What are the rules on whether a Gunner will fire when the suppressed target moves? I initially thought that perhaps Area Supression didn't enable reaction fire, but it supposedly does. I've also noticed that quite frequently even under normal Supression Gunners will simply not fire when their target moves, despite having enough ammunition to do so. Is this something similar to the sometimes-janky nature of line-of-sight from the original XCOM? If not, why do my Gunners sometime fire when a suppressed target moves, and sometimes not bother?

Also- if a target is moving along cover, say running behind a wall, do they count as in cover for the purpose of Overwatch? In other words, does Overwatch always considering a moving target to be flanked, or does it check whether whatever square the Overwatch proc's in has cover from the shooter?

Also, the visual effect from Holotargeters lasts through ADVENT's next turn; however, the description of Holotargeters states that their effects last the remainder of the current turn. Do you get a bonus to aim from Holotargeting to Overwatch or reaction fire from Supression?
Goumindong

Re: Supression and Reaction Fire (Also Holotargeters)

Post by Goumindong »

If you're not firing when you have ammo its because the enemy moved immediately to a position which broke line of sight (or if you had a PCS: Overwatch(X) in and didn't meet the required to-hit)

Edit: Overwatch shots will count cover if you're in it when you get shot. Note that moving out of cover will count you in the square you're going into, so going around a corner will get you shot.

Advent's holo target ability is different/better than the sharpshooters ability. It lasts 1.5 turns by default and also can be used without ending their turn.