My first Commander / I campaign, - Liberation Q.

redsky14

My first Commander / I campaign, - Liberation Q.

Post by redsky14 »

Ok, so im down to 16. of July, there was Destroy the alien relay , Liberation: Hinder A. operations, so i send best soldiers there. And lost.

i had few more important missions so my 3 squads where on mission, then i had to defend my Resistance HQ in my first country, ( Str. of Advent 8 ) and all i had where rookies. I didnt want to play that mission because i know that i dont have chance to win it.

SO i lost my first country, my Q is, is this the end ? Think that advent is getting stronger and stronger, without that country i dont know do i have chance to win it..

And because we all know that Long war is very long game, maybe is better for me to start new game ?
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Re: My first Commander / I campaign, - Liberation Q.

Post by Devon_v »

Do you not have resistance contacted in other regions? Losses are going to happen, if you really get ADVENT mad without chasing them out of the region they'll eventually overwhelm you.

Every legion they move into a region came from somewhere though, so you can build up the resistance in other regions where they depleted forces. Once you start attracting attention you really do want to get on the liberation chain ASAP because they'll just keep reinfrocing the region and eventually make strikes on your havens as you encountered.
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

Yes, i have 3 more contacts in other regions. I lost just my first region.

Problem is that i have maybe 50 soldiers, but i dont have 40 good weapons or predator suits. i have maybe 15 laser rifles and 6-7 better armour.

Dont have money for more of them.. then when important mission pop up and my best soldiers and weapons are away, i lost mission.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Well, you could have aborted one of the ongoing infiltrations to respond to the Advent assault on your HQ.
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

Zyrrashijn wrote:Well, you could have aborted one of the ongoing infiltrations to respond to the Advent assault on your HQ.

To tell you the truth, I didnt know i can do that. tnx!
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

Do i have to play : Neutralize Target in advent vehicle , Liberation : Hinder advent operations , to finally get that tower mission to liberate my first country ? So many missions, and im not sure what mission is more important.

In another reagions there are plenty LEAD missions , but i simply dont have 100+ soldiers for all that. :D
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

If you see a Liberation mission, just go for it. You usually need to complete 3 to find where the Network tower is.
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

My 3rd campaign - i lost in November - December, against Avatar timer. :(

I guess main problem was that i Liberate first country too late, i think in October. Then timer opened , game gave me 20+ days and it said that i must go to Chile . i needed to contact 3 countries to reach Chile, somehow i managed to do that. But i had just 6 days to win that mission, no chance to Infiltrate with full squad , so i had to do steath mission. I managed to win that mission and timer dropped for 3 bars..

I was really happy about that, and my Chamber needed think 7-9 days to complete my last Objective. But then in one minute bars just went up for 3! And counting start again, just this time gave me maybe 1 day or something like that. Game over. Next time ill play without Ironman, i need to complete the game first and learn new things. i dont have so much trouble with fighting, i have problem with Geoscape goals and how to build resistance.

Do you think there are good chances that new patch will be in next 7 days ? Im really happy to start again, but ill wait for 5-6 more days if its coming.. i know rookie will die now. :(
Nicklopez2005@gmail.com

Post by Nicklopez2005@gmail.com »

What I've been doing and I don't know if its the best strategy, but we start out with 100 intel, so I put 20 intel into the resistance comm. research and then use the other 80 to make contact with another region. I throw in a decent ranked soldier in the new region and set all my workers to "recruit" and focus on the beginning region with all intel. Within no time my second region has close to 13 people and within that time I was able to knock out the majority of liberation missions in the starting region and not having my soldiers tied down in another region. Then keep using that strategy as I expand. With only 4-6 haven members to start in new regions... usually a bunch with rough timers when they do spawn. Another thing that I highly recommend is to buy vulture early on. It cost 150 supplies, but those extra drops are amazing. you get 6-7 elerium cores, or say, some advanced attachments and then sell them on the blackmarket and then it's basically paid for its self and you're free rolling on any loot drops afterwards. That was how I stayed afloat with supplies early on.'

As far as the release of the new patch, I haven't heard any word on when it's expected to be released. There are going to be some nice changes to the AWC perk options, so it may be worth waiting if you do find it that it's planned to be released shortly.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Nicklopez2005@gmail.com wrote:What I've been doing and I don't know if its the best strategy, but we start out with 100 intel, so I put 20 intel into the resistance comm. research and then use the other 80 to make contact with another region....
From what I've seen in other player's games and in mine, I think at start going with Resistance Comms research and expanding to a 2nd zone right away is a good strategy on Legendary and perhaps all difficulties. Similarly starting construction on a GTS at start too, as well getting 35 supplies by selling on the Black Market so the GTS can be upgraded with an Officer Training Station when it is finished.
Nicklopez2005@gmail.com wrote:Another thing that I highly recommend is to buy vulture early on. It cost 150 supplies, but those extra drops are amazing.
Sounds like a good GTS Combat Tactic to get ASAP, as well Wet Work for 75 supplies to get better kill XP.
Nicklopez2005@gmail.com wrote:As far as the release of the new patch, I haven't heard any word on when it's expected to be released. There are going to be some nice changes to the AWC perk options, so it may be worth waiting if you do find it that it's planned to be released shortly.
You can adjust an INI file to get those AWC changes now. Just follow the instructions in these links.

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 029#p28029

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 378#p28378