Why XCOM2 is the most frustrating game in the world.

NephilimNexus

Why XCOM2 is the most frustrating game in the world.

Post by NephilimNexus »

Zyrrashijn

Re: Why XCOM2 is the most frustrating game in the world.

Post by Zyrrashijn »

You really should keep this section constructive.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Moving out of bug reports. OP, you're welcome to contribute to the existing thread on this in Elevated Bug Reports. We very much want a savegame where this is consistently reproducible so we can review the code where it's taking place.
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

SAME picture and bug happened to me on my Commander/ I. Since then i play honestman , have 4-5 saves just because im affraid to lose my long war.
Funny, since i play this way no more bugs.
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

Some mods can cause this to happen more often. Mods like Lifetime stats, Mod Config Menu (never had it happen to me) and a few others. I removed Lifetime stats and it seems to of stopped it. Its a memory leak issue. (Probably)
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

It's not a LW2 bug... I used to get this in vanilla as well, pretty much since launch day. The entire game was so buggy to begin with that it would have made a Bethesda coder cringe. It was also, IMHO, complete crap. I think I had less than 20 hours logged into it before the LW2 mod came out. It's pretty much the only reason I reinstalled it, and now I'm actually having fun.

If anything Pavonis' efforts have made it more somewhat more stable. At least now I can usually break out of these situations with a quick delete of the config folder and a reboot. Before LW mod it was goodbye savegame, time to start the whole mission over. What was once game breaking is now just a minor inconvenience. I call that a step up. :D
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

I believe this bug is due to a memory leak, I've had extremely high memory cost for XCOM2 whenever this happens.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

NephilimNexus wrote: If anything Pavonis' efforts have made it more somewhat more stable. I call that a step up. :D
Really more stable? I used to be able to run XCom 2 on high models/textures rather well, now on lowest settings its the only game that make my fan go so hard. It recently went into a higher mode than I've heard it go before until i turned off lw2.

The only other mods i have active are perfect info,
Overwatch all, evac all and one other of the approved mods... anyways lw specifically runs really bad for me.
code99

Post by code99 »

Ive had this in vanilla a while back but havent seen it since then... I dont think there was a solution to it. A game reinstall might help, thats what i did last i had this (i think, dont remember, was some time ago)
Fiesgesicht

Post by Fiesgesicht »

Have also seen this with and without LW2.

In Evac missions I just made a habit of saving just before extracting the last soldier. On other mission I save once I feel the mission is close to its end.

I don't play ironman obviously.
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

Manifest wrote:
NephilimNexus wrote: If anything Pavonis' efforts have made it more somewhat more stable. I call that a step up. :D
Really more stable? I used to be able to run XCom 2 on high models/textures rather well, now on lowest settings its the only game that make my fan go so hard. It recently went into a higher mode than I've heard it go before until i turned off lw2.

Overwatch all, evac all and one other of the approved mods... anyways lw specifically runs really bad for me.
Wow, totally opposite with me. Since LW2 everything is much faster.
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

TheCiroth wrote:Some mods can cause this to happen more often. Mods like Lifetime stats, Mod Config Menu (never had it happen to me) and a few others. I removed Lifetime stats and it seems to of stopped it. Its a memory leak issue. (Probably)

But i love Lifetime stats and Mod config menu is 2 important to turn that off. Ok, ill remove Lifetime stats and start Ironman, God help me.
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

redsky14 wrote: But i love Lifetime stats and Mod config menu is 2 important to turn that off. Ok, ill remove Lifetime stats and start Ironman, God help me.
I am still using Mod Config Menu and I haven't had the avenger bottom since I shut off lifetime stats. I think it might be ok? I just saw that others on the Reddits had issues with Mod Config.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

redsky14 wrote:
Manifest wrote:

Wow, totally opposite with me. Since LW2 everything is much faster.
Ugh how miserable.