PSI Labs and AWC Require Scientists

Skibbles

PSI Labs and AWC Require Scientists

Post by Skibbles »

Just an FYI for anyone running google searches and forum searches who turn up no results at all - just like me. Do not build these next to the workshop as it will be completely useless. Very frustrating that this seems to be documented nowhere at all.

Psi Labs (Psilab , Psilabs) Engineer , Scientist
Advanced Warfare Center (AWC) Engineer , Scientist

(The facility data in the archives for Psi Lab don't come up when researched, only when built, and even then doesn't state the change)
Sines

Re: PSI Labs and AWC Require Scientists

Post by Sines »

Yah, a change that made sense (and made Scientists a little more noteworthy), but not something that might have immediately been suspected. I doubt too many people start building the Psi Lab before the AWC completes, so most people will probably see the scientist slot there and ask where else now takes a scientist, allowing you to save at least 2 of your workshop adjacency slots (which is easier, now that Proving Grounds can host two engineers).

On the plus side, Workshop did get a buff, in that it now provides +1 Power instead of draining 1 power. Whether you decide that +1 Proving Grounds engineer is a buff compared to no AWC / Psi Engineers (for the forewarned player) is another matter.
Skibbles

Post by Skibbles »

Totally not disputing the changes since they make sense - just making it actually documented and known that they work like this.

Though in my campaign right now I'm getting rained on with engineers like in vanilla, and now it seems my workshop is vacant and useless for the time being. I'm hoping other buildings can be staffed in the future but I haven't built everything yet.
Mandurang

Post by Mandurang »

Hey, so - I unfortunately already built the AWC next to my workshop, but now I have another slot free and wondering what I can build that isn't the Psi Lab.

In short, the real question is, what buildings benefit from Engineers in LW2? I can't find that info anywhere and I really don't want to waste another slot, given that it's sitting on a Power Coil.
Sines

Post by Sines »

Skibbles wrote:Totally not disputing the changes since they make sense - just making it actually documented and known that they work like this.
While it is annoying that it's not documented, it's also true that those facilities using engineers isn't documented in Vanilla either. If you want to play knowing everything, you're going to need to wait for the wiki to accumulate, just like you did for Vanilla. It's why I'm playing on Veteran difficulty and letting myself restart the game whenever something really unexpected happens.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Everything uses engineers other than the AWC and Psi Lab. The game also seems to give out engineers like Halloween candy, so the workshop may just be one of those campaign insurance things.