Was Flamethrower Range Nerfed as well in 1.1?

mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Was Flamethrower Range Nerfed as well in 1.1?

Post by mattprice516 »

Hazelnut wrote:I assume that it's to do with not wanting to have the tech set themselves on fire by setting adjacent tile aflame or something. Well, hazmat suits are in the game, and my flamers always wear one so I think this should be removed... some risk if you don't equip hazmat would add some extra risk... as always it's player choice. :)
Well again, the unit targeting and tile targeting are independent now - intended behavior is that you won't hit the adjacent tile (cone is too narrow at that point to hit the ground) but that you can hit the adjacent unit. There has been no intended functionality put in to disallow hitting adjacent units. If you have a save where you can reproduce unintended behavior, I'm sure it'd be helpful in the bug report forum. :)
xwynns
Long War 2 Crew

Post by xwynns »

Denniz wrote: There is one in there for coil as well. Is that one not used?

Code: Select all

Gauntlet_Secondary_COIL_RANGE=7
That one is not used.
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

I have change range from 7 to 8. But the range of flamethrower become a line that cant hit anybody. I don`t change the other things, just the range. After turnning it back to 7, flamethrower work again. Any suggestions? :?:
xwynns
Long War 2 Crew

Post by xwynns »

Sounds like you made a typo that broke the next line which is width. Make sure there are no extra spaces or characters
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

rifleman wrote:I have change range from 7 to 8. But the range of flamethrower become a line that cant hit anybody. I don`t change the other things, just the range. After turnning it back to 7, flamethrower work again. Any suggestions? :?:
Yeah I did that too. I don't know how the formatting works so whatever.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Right. We'd had plans for a 4th tier of gauntlet, since we had an artist that was interested in providing the model, but in the end it didn't make it in. Gameplay-wise it works, but there's no unique coil-tier model, so we cut it for release (so there's only three, CV, MG and BM).
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Amineri wrote:

Right. We'd had plans for a 4th tier of gauntlet, since we had an artist that was interested in providing the model, but in the end it didn't make it in. Gameplay-wise it works, but there's no unique coil-tier model, so we cut it for release (so there's only three, CV, MG and BM).
Any chance those of us that don't care about a new model for a new tier could have the magic incantation required to enable it ingame? :D
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

Amineri wrote:
speedmaster wrote: Also note that "flamethrower hits tile" isn't the same as "flamethrower hits unit". In general, adjacent units can be hit with flamethrower, but not adjacent tiles.
Unfortunately, adjacent units aren't being hit either, at least not in my experience. The step-out mechanic doesn't "light up the tile" nor does it hit the adjacent unit.

And, since all other AOE abilities in the game use "tiles" to show "hits" the flamethrower would ideally do the same, if at all possible.

I appreciate the "step-out" improvements, but the unintentional range nerf and the inability to hit adjacent units currently make this weapon suffer a bit more than intended, I think.