New Sharpshooter Ability Idea

OhGod

New Sharpshooter Ability Idea

Post by OhGod »

I've been thinking that maybe Snipers could do with an ability on the 'left' side of the tree to ignore target's cover. This wouldn't be 'Hail of Bullets' style 100%, this would simply ignore or counteract any cover aim penalty. I know some people are making great use of their (left tree) Sharpshooters, as am I, but I think most can agree they're a bit of a late bloomer / 'carry'. This would give them more early game utility, without affect late game much; it's not an aim boost as such (targets not in cover are unaffected) and late game you have other means to either remove cover, or have so much aim stacking that it doesn't matter much.

This could either be a passive, but require the target not to have moved, or be a new ability probably with suitable CD (and could also require a static target). If this isn't on the same tier as Snapshot, then the sniper can't have moved that turn either. Something like;

Name: "Breath Control" (or some proper 'snipery' term)
Desc: Shots against targets who have not moved this round no longer suffer aim penalties from cover.

Might be too powerful as a passive, but at the same time it does reinforce their static role, won't work against new pods (who will scamper on the discovery turn so will count as having moved), so you're into round 2 before it kicks in. On the off chance they ever get this, the recent change to squadsight penalties should probably be reversed.

Thoughts?