[UPDATED] PSA: Reinforcement actions bugged in 1.1, hotfix released

tracktwo
Long War Dev

[UPDATED] PSA: Reinforcement actions bugged in 1.1, hotfix released

Post by tracktwo »

Just a quick note that we noticed a bug just as 1.1 released that reinforcement pods may occasionally get reflex actions. This will only affect vet+ difficulties and will only occur sometimes. It's not intentional, and we're working to get a hotfix out as soon as we can.
Amineri

Impending 1.1 Hotfix

Post by Amineri »

We've found one issue with the 1.1 patch, which will get hotfixed today. We have a fix for it now, but are holding off a bit to see if any other issues crop up with 1.1, since there were a lot of changes.
  • Fix for issue where Reinforcements could take yellow alert (offensive) reflex actions.
Amineri

Re: Impending 1.1 Hotfix

Post by Amineri »

So a bit more information on this...

In 1.0, there was a somewhat more rare bug where reinforcements could get an offensive reflex action. Basically if they dropped out of LOS, but then patrolled/scampered into LOS on the turn they dropped.

We found this bug pretty recently, and tried to push the fix into the 1.1 patch, since it can be pretty disheartening when it happens. Unfortunately, the change in the 1.1 version had a worse bug, that would cause reinforcements to get reflex actions more often.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: PSA: Reinforcement actions bugged in 1.1, hotfix coming

Post by mattprice516 »

So enjoy it while you can! ;)
Lorkenpeist

Post by Lorkenpeist »

Whaaaat? You mean badass reinforcements isn't a feature?
eisenefaust

Re: [UPDATED] PSA: Reinforcement actions bugged in 1.1, hotfix released

Post by eisenefaust »

I think there should be a setting where we choose to have RNFs come with yellow alert or green alert. I enjoyed Yellow Alert RNFs while they were here. Would be really fun to have that brought back as a full feature (with config for those that don't want it).
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

I posted in the reddit thread that this would make a great dark event. Green alert and then an upgraded late game yellow alert.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Maybe it should be an option considering what Kenshi Shinobis do to reinforment drops. :)
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

What do Kenshi Shinobi do to reinforcement drops? O_o
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

So just to be clear: the hotfix has been released and no reinforcements should get reflex actions now.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Reinforcements should not get reflex actions when they activate.
DougS2K

Post by DougS2K »

Anyway to get the bug fix files without downloading the whole update again? I use Nexus and it's not showing any bug fix.
saroscycler

Post by saroscycler »

Lorkenpeist wrote:Whaaaat? You mean badass reinforcements isn't a feature?
I agree. It should be a feature.
gunshine

Post by gunshine »

It is a bug and should never be a default behavior since it offers no reliable counter play.

Just had a pack of reinforcements drop right on top of my squad 1 turn away from EVAC and they instantly activate and kill the civilian that had to escape...

Anyone who wants this to be a feature doesn't play the game on L/I I presume.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

eisenefaust wrote:I think there should be a setting where we choose to have RNFs come with yellow alert or green alert. I enjoyed Yellow Alert RNFs while they were here. Would be really fun to have that brought back as a full feature (with config for those that don't want it).
As a config option that's off by default, i wouldn't mind, but i don't think loosing a random soldier on every mission where reinforcements drop is any sort of fun, because there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent it!
About as fun as rolling a die at the start of the mission to determine who won't come back.

So i'm glad to know it was merely a bug and it's now fixed.
JackDT wrote:I posted in the reddit thread that this would make a great dark event.
Or, alternatively as a mid to late game dark event, it could be a valid feature, because you can (try to) do something to counter dark event so yeah, in this case you (usually) have ways to prevent it and it wouldn't be always active even if you somehow get a 12h to infiltrate on the counter dark event mission.
Thatsxcombaby

Post by Thatsxcombaby »

I just now downloaded version 1.1 (posted 28 Jan 17) 1,863,887kb size from Nexusmods posted by JohnnyLump.

Does this version include this hotfix? If not, how do I download the hotfix files to merge this download?

Thanks for the mod it blows all other mods out of the water!!!!
Thatsxcombaby

Post by Thatsxcombaby »

Where can I download this hotfix so I can merge it with my version 1.1 downloaded from Nexusmods?
seether28

Post by seether28 »

Thatsxcombaby wrote:Where can I download this hotfix so I can merge it with my version 1.1 downloaded from Nexusmods?
This was asked and answered in the other stickied patch 1.1 thread.
http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 392#p28394
Edit: And is now available as per the link in this post ->http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 200#p28546
Thatsxcombaby

Post by Thatsxcombaby »

Thanks I just now installed it. I created my own *new* version 1.1 in the zipped folder by replacing that one old file with the new file from the hotfix. File name "LW_Overhaul.u".
SpiriT

Post by SpiriT »

I assume if I have grabbed Long war from the Steam workshop I don't need to do anything manually and it gets auto updated?

The problem is that I'm still getting pods, which come into view during alien turn instantly getting actions. Sometimes all of them do get a shot, but more usually it's 1-2 aliens who get a shot or an overwatch. Is that intended?
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

It's not intended for reinforcement, but it is intended for pods that wander into range on their turn. If they are 'yellow alert' because they just heard a loud noise, then they can get a couple of free shots.