Does hacking break concealment?

ORIONOX

Does hacking break concealment?

Post by ORIONOX »

So I'm on a mission(ironman) that I really don't want to fail, and I was wondering if hacking breaks concealment? I'm trying to shutdown a drone.
trihero

Re: Does hacking break concealment?

Post by trihero »

If you fail the hack you break concealment
ORIONOX

Post by ORIONOX »

trihero wrote:If you fail the hack you break concealment
but a successful shut down will not?
trihero

Post by trihero »

Succcessful hacks do not break concealment
Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Thrair »

Hacks break concealment if they fail, but also if it's a mission objective. If you are breaking out a bunch of prisoners and hack the door, it breaks concealment.

If it's a random signpost and you hack it properly, you're still good.
ORIONOX

Post by ORIONOX »

Thrair wrote:Hacks break concealment if they fail, but also if it's a mission objective. If you are breaking out a bunch of prisoners and hack the door, it breaks concealment.

If it's a random signpost and you hack it properly, you're still good.
what if I take control of a unit in the middle of an enemy pod? will that break my concealment because a unit "on my team" got seen?
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

yes
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

ORIONOX wrote:So I'm on a mission(ironman) that I really don't want to fail, and I was wondering if hacking breaks concealment? I'm trying to shutdown a drone.
Succesful hacks to a drone or Mec do not. Objectives will, but if you have "True Concealment" mod it will alert the enemies but they won't know where you are.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Controlling a mech reveals you, stunning it doesn't
ORIONOX

Post by ORIONOX »

trihero wrote:Controlling a mech reveals you, stunning it doesn't
bleh, how lame. it would be fun to hack a mec in a pod and then just follow the pod around with the mec acting all normal like.
Rebus

Post by Rebus »

It might be different in patched versions, but I recall in early vanilla if you hacked a mec in a pod (or got control of a soldier through a hack on a signpost thingie) the enemy pod didn't react unless you moved or took an action with that unit. I don't recall if they changed that in later patches, as I stopped doing it, but I remember being surprised that they didn't react.
TyreT

Post by TyreT »

I agree. Would be nice for a hacked unit to only break concealment if it attacks(or acts otherwise suspicous I guess, but that would be hard to determine).
plasman

Post by plasman »

@ ORIONOX. Shutting down or gaining control of a lone mechanical unit (such as a patrol drone for example) which is not in the LOS of another enemy unit doesn't break your concealment. ;)
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Taking control of a unit within LOS of other units will break concealment, as the unit counts now as yours. During engagement this has the positive side effect that the AI throws everything at said unit and forgets about your soldiers.

I have successfully hacked lone Drone units to remove them from my way or to activate other pods.
warbrand2

Post by warbrand2 »

trihero wrote:Controlling a mech reveals you, stunning it doesn't

not always, if you for example hack a drone you can use it to scout with out being removed form consealment.

the thing is if you HACK a robot and one of their pod members is near by it will alert cause they some how instantly know when a robot they can see has been hacked.