Not getting scientists.

ORIONOX

Not getting scientists.

Post by ORIONOX »

I've saved at least a single scientist, and I got one in my first supply drop, but they are not showing up. the UI still has a big blue 0.
trihero

Re: Not getting scientists.

Post by trihero »

ORIONOX wrote:I've saved at least a single scientist, and I got one in my first supply drop, but they are not showing up. the UI still has a big blue 0.
Do the "basic research" option in the lab, it is a safety net for this kind of situation. Each time you complete that research it adds an invisible scientist to your team. Unfortunately the invisible scientist cannot be used to staff a building but it provides the same research per day as a normal scientist does and also counts towards any hard requirements for # of scientists.
ORIONOX

Post by ORIONOX »

trihero wrote:
ORIONOX wrote:I've saved at least a single scientist, and I got one in my first supply drop, but they are not showing up. the UI still has a big blue 0.
Do the "basic research" option in the lab, it is a safety net for this kind of situation. Each time you complete that research it adds an invisible scientist to your team. Unfortunately the invisible scientist cannot be used to staff a building but it provides the same research per day as a normal scientist does and also counts towards any hard requirements for # of scientists.
they take forever though . :P So this is a known bug?
trihero

Post by trihero »

hey take forever though . :P So this is a known bug?
Is what a bug? I don't see any bugs. Maybe you just got unlucky with not getting missions that reward scientists. There's no guarantee of such missions. Besides, we recently discussed that everyone should research basic research at least once in the early game regardless of whether you rescue scientists or not because it's worth the time investment in the long run. Suck it up, this game is very long and has a lot of cushion even if you didn't see a scientist in the first month.

Something that also helps is to research communications immediately then expand with your initial intel, since that essentially gives extra rebels on intel in another region that helps detect more missions that are very easy in the beginning of the game.
ORIONOX

Post by ORIONOX »

trihero wrote:
hey take forever though . :P So this is a known bug?
Is what a bug? I don't see any bugs. Maybe you just got unlucky with not getting missions that reward scientists. There's no guarantee of such missions. Besides, we recently discussed that everyone should research basic research at least once in the early game regardless of whether you rescue scientists or not because it's worth the time investment in the long run. Suck it up, this game is very long and has a lot of cushion even if you didn't see a scientist in the first month.

Something that also helps is to research communications immediately then expand with your initial intel, since that essentially gives extra rebels on intel in another region that helps detect more missions that are very easy in the beginning of the game.
I think you misunderstood me, I HAVE rescued a scientist(brand new game haven't failed a mission yet). it was a character that had a Dr. in-front of their name. Also at the end of the first month when the shadow guy spoke to me, it had another character with a Dr. infront of their name as a reward for the month. I assume anybody with a Dr. in their name is supposed to be a scientist.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Drs. are engineers too
Matanui3

Post by Matanui3 »

Are you certain you didn't save an engineer instead?

Also, any personnel listed with the supply drop have to be bought from the Black Market, similar to how you had to buy from HQ in vanilla.
ORIONOX

Post by ORIONOX »

trihero wrote:Drs. are engineers too
well now I feel silly