Can the Workshop staff the AWC?

Skibbles

Can the Workshop staff the AWC?

Post by Skibbles »

I ran a few searches and got nothing about this.

The AWC is staffed by a scientist now, as it should be, but it isn't clear if a workshop gremlin can staff it. The workshop itself implies that it can but I need to know before I build something and regret it.

The workshop: "Engineers can be staffed in workshops, creating unique GREMLIN drones which can be sent to staff any adjacent room or facility."
DougS2K

Re: Can the Workshop staff the AWC?

Post by DougS2K »

I'm pretty sure gremlins can only staff engineer slots.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I'll answer your question in a roundabout way - in vanilla, could you staff a laboratory with a gremlin?

(answer is no, the wording "all" is not literally correct)
Skibbles

Post by Skibbles »

In vanilla there was never a reason to build a laboratory, but thank you for the answer =)
trihero

Post by trihero »

Skibbles wrote:In vanilla there was never a reason to build a laboratory, but thank you for the answer =)
Is there a reason to build a laboratory in LW2? I mean yeah it CAN staff up to 4 scientists with upgrades but that eats up a lot of power and the lab itself isn't free. You're usually supply locked instead of research locked as it is, and building the lab especially early just makes that problem worse, and if you build it later then you're not getting the most benefit out of the science per day.

But anyways glad you found your answer.