Faceless Free sector

infidel901

Faceless Free sector

Post by infidel901 »

I think there should be some way, through missions or research or preferably both, to insure that you can exterminate faceless from your havens. I mean, it's a cool mechanic as it is, but after the resistance has seen the faceless appear among them a couple times, can't they come up with a blood test or something? Yes i know they might not have labs, but your ship does.
Again, the existing missions are cool, but I'd like a way to keep things faceless-free after a while.
sambezi

Re: Faceless Free sector

Post by sambezi »

I would at least like to have some clue whether you cleared or not the haven from faceless, because as it is I don't ever see myself sending an engineer or scientist since I have absolutely no idea if they have or not a faceless infiltrated.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Rooting through the files the other day, I saw something that implied not all faceless can be found in a single Rendevous mission - and that some of the volunteers for said mission can in fact be disguised faceless too.

However, if a region has recently had a successful Rendevous with Faceless kills and is not actively recruiting, I understand that it's relatively safe to assume that the region is clean. From what I've read of comments/posts made by the testing/development team(s), existing rebels cannot be silently replaced by faceless - it's basically a roll for any new recruit to be one.

Think of it as being like a d100 to-hit roll with four outcomes; 1-40 no recruit, 41-60 new volunteer, 61-90 new rookie, 91-100 new volunteer that is actually a faceless infiltrator.

Obviously those aren't the actual numbers at all, but I think it gets the point across?
ShockmasterFred

Post by ShockmasterFred »

Arcalane wrote:Rooting through the files the other day, I saw something that implied not all faceless can be found in a single Rendevous mission - and that some of the volunteers for said mission can in fact be disguised faceless too.

However, if a region has recently had a successful Rendevous with Faceless kills and is not actively recruiting, I understand that it's relatively safe to assume that the region is clean. From what I've read of comments/posts made by the testing/development team(s), existing rebels cannot be silently replaced by faceless - it's basically a roll for any new recruit to be one.

Think of it as being like a d100 to-hit roll with four outcomes; 1-40 no recruit, 41-60 new volunteer, 61-90 new rookie, 91-100 new volunteer that is actually a faceless infiltrator.

Obviously those aren't the actual numbers at all, but I think it gets the point across?
This was a quality post. Concise and thoughtful. Thanks for that!
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

...although do watch out for a Dark Event where they specifically send Faceless to infiltrate your havens. All the more reason to run any "counters unknown Dark Event" POIs that pop up. ;)
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Arcalane wrote:...although do watch out for a Dark Event where they specifically send Faceless to infiltrate your havens. All the more reason to run any "counters unknown Dark Event" POIs that pop up. ;)
Revealing dark events is so pointless in that regard, because If I can do that mission I'm gonna do it, and if it's too hard I won't. I'm so glad they're reducing the reveal cost to five, awesome balance change, if small.
Narcissistic_Martyr

Post by Narcissistic_Martyr »

What I want to know is why I can't just chuck a sensor ball at any new recruits to make sure they aren't faceless.

I mean I have dozens of drone wrecks sitting around... and sensor balls aren't that expensive...
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Manifest wrote:
Arcalane wrote:...although do watch out for a Dark Event where they specifically send Faceless to infiltrate your havens. All the more reason to run any "counters unknown Dark Event" POIs that pop up. ;)
Revealing dark events is so pointless in that regard, because If I can do that mission I'm gonna do it, and if it's too hard I won't. I'm so glad they're reducing the reveal cost to five, awesome balance change, if small.
I've been finding I have plenty of intel, it's supplies I'm strapped for. To the point I've started selling datapads rather than decrypting for the intel... that never would have happened in vanilla. :-)
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Proposed game change: Posting a psychic soldier as haven advisor automatically exposes faceless.
Garthor

Post by Garthor »

Psi troopers already have a bonus to faceless detection.