Feature Request: "Remove all upgrades from unequipped weapons"

LeaderEnemyBoss

Feature Request: "Remove all upgrades from unequipped weapons"

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

Hey everyone,

juggling around upgrades before a mission is quite a hassle. A button that would essentially act as the "strip weapon" function for all unused weapons would be a great QoL change. Is a function like this planned? If not I may try to create a similar mod of my own.
jwxspoon

Re: Feature Request: "Remove all upgrades from unequipped weapons"

Post by jwxspoon »

Seriously. Very easy to pull an ACOG or a flashlight off of a rail and put it on another weapon. I hate losing my weapon upgrades as I switch to lasers, etc.
LeaderEnemyBoss

jwxspoon wrote:Seriously. Very easy to pull an ACOG or a flashlight off of a rail and put it on another weapon. I hate losing my weapon upgrades as I switch to lasers, etc.
Hu? You can freely remove weapon upgrades from weapons in LW2 and transfer them to other weapons. My question is for a QoL feature, that removes upgrades automatically for all unequipped weapons.
jwxspoon

Post by jwxspoon »

How do you remove the upgrades? I have several nicely equipped rifles laying around and a laser equipped squad
karmakgb

Post by karmakgb »

I'll second this. Really seems necessary (whether via mod or not), given how important attachments are in LW2.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

jwxspoon wrote:How do you remove the upgrades? I have several nicely equipped rifles laying around and a laser equipped squad
When you go to the 'upgrade weapon' screen where you attach them, you can either click the 'x' that appears in the corner of a particular upgrade when you mouse over it, or hit 'strip weapon' to remove all of its upgrades.

It is a huge pain to strip a lot of weapons like that at once, though, hence this idea.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We'll see what we can do for 1.2.
LeaderEnemyBoss

johnnylump wrote:We'll see what we can do for 1.2.
1.2 release when? :P (oh no all the rookies!)

For real though: since this will take quite a while, i will just have a try over the weekend. If i get it working, you can use my stuff if you want ;).
juplaa

Post by juplaa »

While not being as important as removing upgrades, "Remove all gear" would also be nice if possible. I doubt I'm the only one who removes all 3 (Weapons, Armor & Utility) separately before outfitting a squad for a new mission.
LeaderEnemyBoss

juplaa wrote:While not being as important as removing upgrades, "Remove all gear" would also be nice if possible. I doubt I'm the only one who removes all 3 (Weapons, Armor & Utility) separately before outfitting a squad for a new mission.
So I made a mod that includes these two buttons. Have fun!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =851424388
Therlun

Post by Therlun »

LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:
juplaa wrote:While not being as important as removing upgrades, "Remove all gear" would also be nice if possible. I doubt I'm the only one who removes all 3 (Weapons, Armor & Utility) separately before outfitting a squad for a new mission.

Thanks!
branor

Post by branor »

Any chance you could upload this to nexus mods as well, please? Thank you!
Last edited by branor on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juplaa

Post by juplaa »

LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:

Awesome! Downloading now.
LeaderEnemyBoss

branor wrote:Any chance you could upload this to nexus mods as well, for the non-steam users? Thank you!
Maybe someone else will do it, but I really dont like the hassle Nexus brings, especially when it comes to updating my mods. How can you play XCom without using steam?
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:
branor wrote:Any chance you could upload this to nexus mods as well, for the non-steam users? Thank you!
Maybe someone else will do it, but I really dont like the hassle Nexus brings, especially when it comes to updating my mods. How can you play XCom without using steam?
With a legal copy, you can't.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Second this request. Would save me forgetting the first couple of missions after an upgrade. Also I often want to rejig based on squad builds. E.g. on a non-timed mission my snipers might get the scopes that my rangers would otherwise use. And suppressors just generally.
branor

Post by branor »

mattprice516 wrote:
LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:
Not without steam, without steam workshop. Nexus mod manager works well, and doesn't ruin your saves by auto-removing the mod if the author pulls it from the workshop.
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

branor wrote:Not without steam, without steam workshop. Nexus mod manager works well, and doesn't ruin your saves by auto-removing the mod if the author pulls it from the workshop.
I thought this is no longer true. I've disabled mods and the save game still loads, just with a warning.
LeaderEnemyBoss

branor wrote:
mattprice516 wrote:
LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:
Not without steam, without steam workshop. Nexus mod manager works well, and doesn't ruin your saves by auto-removing the mod if the author pulls it from the workshop.
You can make a local copy of any mod downloaded via steam workshop and use them as if you would download via nexus. Dont need me to use that ancient site for that ;).