Intel and "intel pacakage"

infidel901

Intel and "intel pacakage"

Post by infidel901 »

Why are both rewards listed on a single mission? what is an "intel package"?
infidel901

Re: Intel and "intel pacakage"

Post by infidel901 »

Also, if anyone can answer that, maybe you can answer me about the missions where it says in description that we will be "getting the attention of advent". Why would i ever go on such a mission?? I don't want advents' attention, do i?

Another question: Under what file is the settings for rookie stat generation? I really don't want to have any rookies with less than 64 aim. Seriously good for nothing.
Garthor

Post by Garthor »

The intel package generates a point of interest you can scan for a reward, like rookies, a scientist, some supplies, that sort of thing. They're fairly valuable and you should aim for them when possible.

Missions to "get ADVENT's attention" are primarily useful to distract them from another region you are working on liberating. There's a limited amount of ADVENT strength across the world and this makes them move it to where you want it. I think this also will generate Troop Movement and maybe Supply Raid missions, if you have enough Intel workers in the appropriate region.

Not Created Equally can be turned off in the options menu once you've started the campaign so long as it's not in the middle (turn one is okay) of a mission.
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

Thank you, Garthor. So then clearly, if i am still only on my starting area, there is no reason to try to get advents attention.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

To note a rookie with 64 accuracy probably is great at something else like mobility, making them good as a Technical or maybe Assault, maybe even Shinobi since they don't tend to attack much. (or if you want to be really ballsy a holotarget/stealth build sharpshooter)
trihero

Post by trihero »

The intel package generates a point of interest you can scan for a reward, like rookies, a scientist, some supplies, that sort of thing. They're fairly valuable and you should aim for them when possible.
Wow I did not know that. I just thought the point of interests spawn randomly!! O_O
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

also a good reason to NOT get ADVENT's attention. I probably caused that retaliation on one of my havens in a region doing that.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

infidel901 wrote:Another question: Under what file is the settings for rookie stat generation? I really don't want to have any rookies with less than 64 aim. Seriously good for nothing.
Settings for Not Created Equally can be found on LW_Toolbox.ini. You can change the ranges of stats to add and subtract. Note that NCE uses a stat swapping system so if you disallow NCE from subtracting aim they will subtract other stats like hack, dodge, defense, mobility and even HP. Alternatively, you can just turn off NCE.