How to switch to infinite plasma grenades?

Vendrin

How to switch to infinite plasma grenades?

Post by Vendrin »

Hello,

I really enjoy LW2 so far, but this manually have to build each plasma grenade and at such expensive pricing really seems prohibitive to me, nor does it match the logic, all grenades are infinite except for plasma grenades, except it's kind of infinite only just for one soldier.

Is there any file or ini I can edit to switch back to plasma grenades just replacing frag grenades?

Thank you.
ScorpZero

Re: How to switch to infinite plasma grenades?

Post by ScorpZero »

Yes, it is!

Go to XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods\LW_Overhaul\Config, find XComLW_Overhaul.ini, then find:

Code: Select all

+ItemTable=(ItemTemplateName="AlienGrenade"
And change:

Infinite=false
to

Infinite=true
And this should fulfil your wish. :) You can also do this with other limited weapons if you wish.
Vendrin

Post by Vendrin »

Plasma grenades has been the only one to bother me, everything else I really like. Thanks!
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

All other special grenades (aka ones you don't start with) are also non-infinite, just FYI.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Vendrin wrote:Plasma grenades has been the only one to bother me, everything else I really like. Thanks!
Two words: Frost. Bomb.
The Boz

Post by The Boz »

Infinite frost bombs. The most guaranteed way to break the game.
ScorpZero

Post by ScorpZero »

I just think that not making some kind of grenades amounts infinite is totally illogical.
Like "I can make Smoke Grenades without any limits but making better version of them is limited. But... why?"
Or firebomb. Sorry but it's nothing more than just a simple molotov cocktail. Some flammable substance, a bottle and a fuse. Really, nothing complicated, so why is it limited when frag grenade isn't? Just balancing nonsense. I am a fan of making things realistic, not balanced.
ShockmasterFred

Post by ShockmasterFred »

ScorpZero wrote:I just think that not making some kind of grenades amounts infinite is totally illogical.
Like "I can make Smoke Grenades without any limits but making better version of them is limited. But... why?"
Or firebomb. Sorry but it's nothing more than just a simple molotov cocktail. Some flammable substance, a bottle and a fuse. Really, nothing complicated, so why is it limited when frag grenade isn't? Just balancing nonsense. I am a fan of making things realistic, not balanced.
If you wanted to make things relaistic (within the confines of a game about aliens controlling Earth, which is of course, totally realistic :roll: ) then the game would just be the player getting annihilated in every mission til game over. In the meantime, I would rather play a balanced game where starting items are infinite and upgraded items require that you buy and build them. 8-)
stupidjones

Post by stupidjones »

Weapons i dont mind, but the cost of resources to make ONE grenade, sword, etc is pretty ridiculous.