Balance: gunner secondary, chameleon suit

wizard1200

Re: Balance: gunner secondary, chameleon suit

Post by wizard1200 »

johnnylump wrote:We thought about ammo packs, but in the end, it wasn't that interesting to me; it's just a tech-based upgrade path for the LMG (basically like the Psi Amp, but applied to the primary weapon), and between all the other ways you can upgrade your gun and add tools for it, there wasn't much to do there.
I think the ammo pack is the best solution and it could work like this:
- The gunner or an adjacent soldier gets armor piercing rounds for 1 turn. Costs 1 action and has a cooldown of 3 turns.
- A perk unlocks either dragon rounds or bluescreen rounds.
- A perk reduces the cooldown to 2 turns.
cerebrawl

Re: Balance: gunner secondary, chameleon suit

Post by cerebrawl »

JLtheking wrote:Regarding the combat knife, I read somewhere that some testers has great success with the combat knife. Something about the knife having a higher aim bonus than the sword, and it made a reliable way to finish off a nearby enemy within blue-move range.
Aside from that, if you use the AWC fix then you open up sword perks.

Haven't gotten her up to snuff quite yet(still just a lance corpral), but I actually managed to get a gunner who has Fleche, Blademaster and Reaper in her AWC offensive side, only missing Bladestorm on the defensive side to be the perfect knife fighter. :)

(Oh yeah, and I've done the ini edit so I can see all AWC perks)

I've also gotten Combatives on Shinobi, going to be interesting seeing the first melee enemy to charge them. :)