Haven -- "Tower symbol Box"

Zyxpsilon

Haven -- "Tower symbol Box"

Post by Zyxpsilon »

It took me awhile to realize how to (re-)build Relay-Towers.
That gameplay system has simply been transfered to a (smallish) button neatly tucked on the top right side of banners for each Haven.

Of course the old shapeform sprites are still shown on the Geoscape.. but all it still has is the usual Tower in a black box.

I'd have to suggest creating a new more obvious hybrid Icon indicative of the newly enhanced feature. Not just a single tower but adding some ways to visualize the situation of a "Base-Style" popup with management principles. There was also a tiny blueish 3d Model dropped on the world map when such things were active -- since they are not used anymore, it could help us to put them back if possible.

Up to you (Pavonis creative minds!) to determine what should be better.. please?
code99

Re: Haven -- "Tower symbol Box"

Post by code99 »

I cant find the button ...

Where is it? i have unlocked the tech but cant seem to figure out how to build the relay, looked everywhere
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Code99 -

Go to the Avenger screen, press 5 (Commander's Quarters) and select resistance management. From there click on any other region than your starting one and once the Haven management window opens you should to the top right a new button called "Build Radio tower".

Zyx, I agree that there needs to be some visual cue on the Geoscape screen when and where you can build Radio tower, since that button is hidden under 3 screens. If you do not know what you are looking for, you would not find it.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

You can do this from geoscape, just click any haven tower on the map. This opens the management window and the radio is on top if you researched it.
code99

Post by code99 »

Huh ... then i guess its a bug in my case. There is no such button in my haven management screen ... unless im doing something wrong.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

code99 wrote:Huh ... then i guess its a bug in my case. There is no such button in my haven management screen ... unless im doing something wrong.
The reason you can't see it is because the region you're looking at already has a tower in it.