UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

Legatus

Re: Pending Changelist for 1.1 (NOT RELEASED)

Post by Legatus »

Even if they haven't manage to fix all that they want seems to me from the patch notes that they fixed a huge number of problems, i suggest releasing the patch has it is, name it a beta if you want. After all its not like it is going to be the last patch and everything must be addressed in this patch. What do you guys think?
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Sounds very awesome stuff guys, but I'm happy to wait for a stable 1.1 patch since I'm very happily playing and having a blast with it.

Looking forward to the flamethrower changes as right now I've used it once only, and not had a good opportunity since due to the cover mechanic.. I try not to leave my troops swinging in the wind. :-)
Sines

Post by Sines »

Legatus wrote:Even if they haven't manage to fix all that they want seems to me from the patch notes that they fixed a huge number of problems, i suggest releasing the patch has it is, name it a beta if you want. After all its not like it is going to be the last patch and everything must be addressed in this patch. What do you guys think?
I'm not sure Workshop mods can have multiple distributions. So some people might be fine playing on Beta, but others might not be. It's probably best to wait until they finish everything up properly. Playing a Vanilla XCOM 1 game whilst I wait.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Legatus wrote:Even if they haven't manage to fix all that they want seems to me from the patch notes that they fixed a huge number of problems, i suggest releasing the patch has it is, name it a beta if you want. After all its not like it is going to be the last patch and everything must be addressed in this patch. What do you guys think?
We've kicked around something like this for the Nexus and we may yet give it a try, but for now it boils down to there aren't enough of us to manage feedback from multiple out-of-sync versions.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

johnnylump wrote:
Valaska wrote:Could we get a hotfix for stuck in infiltrating? It just effectively killed my second campaign :/

I completely erased my last one with save files, everything, reverified, removed all mods that was told were conflicting with it... It 100% has NOTHING to do with Health mods, it is supply raids. Supply raids with 0:0:0 or -0:0:2 timers, your avenger leaves, comes back, squad is gone along with the mission vanishing. I figured it wouldn't happen since we were told it was a compatibility error and not a LW2 error but it is 100% absolutely to do with LW2's supply raids and mission timers.
We have not reproduced this so we don't know what might fix it. We don't have a separate branch with some code change we think affects this that we could even put out a hotfix with.
Oh, no I mean Amineri's console code;
I think I can whip up a console command to try and force calling the PostMissionRevert on a named squad, but without testing I can't guaranteed that it will work.

UPDATE: I've added a new console command, of the form :

Code: Select all
LWForceSquadPostMissionCleanup(string SquadName)
This could go a long way to helping a lot of us get back into the game while we patiently wait for 1.1. I am fine with waiting for the big patch, but yeah this has killed two campaigns for me now, and I don't really want to restart this one even though it looks like I pursued the liberation missions a little too fast... Definitely thanks for all the work you guys have done though! I love the mod, this is why I want back in so bad xD.
Zarnak

Post by Zarnak »

Long War I final version was patch 15.4(?). There will probably be 'next patch' for a while. Deep breaths.
Zerikin

Post by Zerikin »

Great change list. Eager to see this once you get it wrapped up.
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

In contrast to all the eager beavers here... 1.0 is perfectly playable and fun now. Rushing software is terrible. Crunch is terrible. My 1.1 patch feature request is for the Long War team to take a break and go for nice hike.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hazelnut wrote:Looking forward to the flamethrower changes as right now I've used it once only, and not had a good opportunity since due to the cover mechanic.. I try not to leave my troops swinging in the wind. :-)
Ok, taking this back. Have used the flamethrower 3 times in the 2 missions I just played and it really saved my bacon. The fire DoT is fantastic, so even for 1 enemy it can be worth it (i.e. Mutons) Also now I have some officers (built AWC first, wont do that again) you can move the tech and command them.. like run 'n gun effectively. Still not taken a single perk for flames though.

Watching enemies on fire run around burning to death is morbid, but entertaining! :-)
ShockmasterFred

Post by ShockmasterFred »

johnnylump wrote:Douglas? You're supposed to be in school now, young man.
That was unexpected gold.
LoadStar81

Post by LoadStar81 »

Hazelnut wrote:
Hazelnut wrote:Looking forward to the flamethrower changes as right now I've used it once only, and not had a good opportunity since due to the cover mechanic.. I try not to leave my troops swinging in the wind. :-)
Ok, taking this back. Have used the flamethrower 3 times in the 2 missions I just played and it really saved my bacon. The fire DoT is fantastic, so even for 1 enemy it can be worth it (i.e. Mutons) Also now I have some officers (built AWC first, wont do that again) you can move the tech and command them.. like run 'n gun effectively. Still not taken a single perk for flames though.

Watching enemies on fire run around burning to death is morbid, but entertaining! :-)
You may be interested in the third fireman perk. It leaves a defensive smoke field around the technical after using the flamethrower, meaning they won't quite be "in the wind" anymore after moving out of cover for a flame attack. Still not as safe as having cover, true, but between that and the burning debuff, it protects pretty well as long as you don't accidentally trigger another pod with your charge in.
AegixDrakan

Post by AegixDrakan »

JackDT wrote:In contrast to all the eager beavers here... 1.0 is perfectly playable and fun now.
I generally agree, except for the "freed prisoner soldier is frozen and gets no action" bug that has blocked my entire playthrough. :s

I WOULD just writer her off as a lost cause and add her back to my party via console commands...But I haven't found one that allows you to add a specific soldier for free from the character pool. :s
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

AegixDrakan wrote:
JackDT wrote:In contrast to all the eager beavers here... 1.0 is perfectly playable and fun now.
I generally agree, except for the "freed prisoner soldier is frozen and gets no action" bug that has blocked my entire playthrough. :s

I WOULD just writer her off as a lost cause and add her back to my party via console commands...But I haven't found one that allows you to add a specific soldier for free from the character pool. :s

Have you tried teleporting them with "TTC" with console commands, then exploding the area she was in? Blow it the frick up, demolish that area. Then re-verify the game files through steam and pop back on. This allowed me to get back my soldier that froze similarly.
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

Ahh.... Lonely weekend.. :(

My army is ready for Commander / honestman. We just wait for red button.
Crushing Doom

Post by Crushing Doom »

Sines wrote:
I'm not sure Workshop mods can have multiple distributions. So some people might be fine playing on Beta, but others might not be. It's probably best to wait until they finish everything up properly. Playing a Vanilla XCOM 1 game whilst I wait.
With all the fixes that they are claiming to have fixed a beta version of 1.1 would be less beta than the current release which is riddled with bugs and broken stuff.
Last edited by Crushing Doom on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valaska

Re: UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

Post by Valaska »

WOOO my squad shall be free from this infiltrating curse!
Dodie

Post by Dodie »

Thx for release at the weekend :D !
naschkokthe3rd

Post by naschkokthe3rd »

so HYPED!
Zloth

Post by Zloth »

Valaska wrote:WOOO my squad shall be free from this infiltrating curse!
But I'm not done with Witcher 3 yet! Nooooooooooooooooooo! :ugeek:
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views…
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Updated first post with 1.1 announce
bingo12345

Post by bingo12345 »

johnnylump wrote:Updated first post with 1.1 announce
Thanks for your great effort. give yourself some rest or LW2 play :). Awesome!
Last edited by bingo12345 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arizael

Post by Arizael »

Our fix is here!
Saracan

Post by Saracan »

So I just finished a 4-Hour session, thinking that I need a break - but no rest for the wicked.

Thanks for all your effort :)
Sines

Post by Sines »

I guess that answers my question of whether you guys would be working over the weekend! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. You may be more of an official company now, but this did all start as a labor of love.

Anyway, thank you for your time. I look forward to taking out my freshly obtained, and more recently upgraded, SPARK onto the battlefield!
ScorpZero

Post by ScorpZero »

Is there any standalone patch for the nexus version? :)