UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Pending Changelist for 1.1 (NOT RELEASED)

Post by gimrah »

- Our custom cutscenes do not have localized audio for non-English players. They have correct subtitles.
- Our custom audio snippets in missions do not have localized audio or localized subtitles for non-English players.
I didn't even realise these existed. 1) That's terrific. 2) I wish I'd known - I've been playing zero attention to the fluff as I thought I'd seen it all!
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

- Lost Towers POI won't appear to FL 8;
Will the mission be further tweaked to account for appearing later, or is this purely to delay SPARKs a bit? The mission is pretty straightforward to do the moment it appears as is, more tech and experience will make it more so.
snekman

Post by snekman »

johnnylump wrote: COMPATIBILITY
- Added linux/mac formatted movies to project. Requires pending Feral patch to base-game XCOM 2 for them to work.
Is this the cause of the crash occurring after Gatecrasher? While we wait for Feral's patch, is it just a codec some users are missing that we can install?
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Crushing Doom wrote:Will the flamer fixes be in the patch?

But really evil to release this massively sexual list of changes without an ETA. I've lose all will and desire to continue playing with the current build knowing what a better game this will be after update. :cry:
I've been working on the flamethrower stuff. The new targeting system was causing some significant performance issues with Roust + Incinerator, so I had to rewrite/redesign some of the code. Hopefully it will be stable enough to make it into the next patch.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

johnnylump wrote: - Fixed bug preventing tactical DEs (Alien navigator-type upgrades) from occurring. This will cause a meaningful increase in difficulty.
I don't understand this. Can someone explain?
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

sarge945 wrote:
johnnylump wrote: - Fixed bug preventing tactical DEs (Alien navigator-type upgrades) from occurring. This will cause a meaningful increase in difficulty.
Dark Events that give enemies new abilities are not applying correctly. Now if an event passes that gives them a new perk, they will actually get that perk.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

fowlJ wrote:Dark Events that give enemies new abilities are not applying correctly. Now if an event passes that gives them a new perk, they will actually get that perk.
Wow, that is significant!

Thanks for the explanation.

There is quite a lot of complex terminology on this changelog
LeaderEnemyBoss

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

mattprice516 wrote:
LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:Wow, the fabled patch again - looks great!

However:
- Strip gear buttons in UILoadout will not strip units in the current squad.

So I did never use the squad feature till now. I usually just pick the soldiers i feel best for the current mission "on the fly". Since the game seems to create squads on its own this could be rather annoying for me. Can i deactivate this?

Also: are there any plans to include a "strip all unused weapons" function, after some missions and some upgrading i feel like having to clean my room when i try to get an overview over my weapon upgrades.
Not sure I understand this. If you use the "make X available" buttons before creating a squad "on the fly" it'll strip everyone who isn't currently infilling or advising. Also, the "make weapons available" button packaged with LW2 will strip all weapons from everyone not currently on the loadout screen (or infilling or advising). Is there some other functionality you're interested in? O_o
Maybe im misunderstanding something. How i understand it: The game thinks i want to take squad "timberwolf" to the mission because i used one of its squadmembers (displays in the Mission-Loadout screen on the top). When i click "Make weapons available" in 1.1, it wont strip the weapons from other "timerwolf" soldiers anymore, no matter if I selected them for the mission or not.

@strip all weapons:
I'm referring to a function that removes all upgrades from all unused weapons.
Last edited by LeaderEnemyBoss on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

I don't want to cause any rookies to perish, but....
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

MutatedMuton wrote:
johnnylump wrote:- Corrected line-break in RapidTargeting detailed help text and other typos.
Does this include the offset issue for the Center Mass ability text? I assume it affects all classes, but I can confirm it at least on gunners and sharpshooters:

No, this will never, ever get fixed.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

sarge945 wrote:
fowlJ wrote:Dark Events that give enemies new abilities are not applying correctly. Now if an event passes that gives them a new perk, they will actually get that perk.
Wow, that is significant!

Thanks for the explanation.

There is quite a lot of complex terminology on this changelog
Sorry, I'm porting over our internal changelogs to make sure I don't miss anything on this list, but we don't always write those for public consumption. We'll try to make future ones more user-friendly.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

fowlJ wrote:
- Lost Towers POI won't appear to FL 8;
Will the mission be further tweaked to account for appearing later, or is this purely to delay SPARKs a bit? The mission is pretty straightforward to do the moment it appears as is, more tech and experience will make it more so.
Hmm, I didn't tweak the mission except to add an exception in our pod-swapping mechanics so these don't get changed. The main reason I delayed it is the way the DLCs work they frontload your POIs with the mission triggers, so when you earn a POI with the DLC installed you get one of these rather than something like supplies or a scientist or something. That was too predictable -- I can lower it a bit, though, if that trivializes the difficulty.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

fowlJ wrote:
sarge945 wrote:
Dark Events that give enemies new abilities are not applying correctly. Now if an event passes that gives them a new perk, they will actually get that perk.
Not quite. The problem is the missions that let you counter what we call the "tactical" dark events weren't being created due to me writing some contradictory conditions that always returned false, so the missions never popped, and the aliens never got the bonuses.
Zavek

Post by Zavek »

johnnylump wrote:
MutatedMuton wrote:
johnnylump wrote:- Corrected line-break in RapidTargeting detailed help text and other typos.
Does this include the offset issue for the Center Mass ability text? I assume it affects all classes, but I can confirm it at least on gunners and sharpshooters:

No, this will never, ever get fixed.

well it is ''center''

for us mortals what is the diffrence between FL8 and FL12?
is it time that has to go by before these events happen or?

Also for sparks is there plans to reduce the repair times or add a function to repair more then 1 at a time?
regarding the ablative do you think it will have much effect compared to just giving them a higher armor stat cause the ablative improvment seem likt they can get hit 1-2 times more before being useless in a fight and for a month afterwards (if not more if you have other sparks in the que).
MacroNova

Post by MacroNova »

Increased delayed init for infiltration squad select by .25 secs
Added standard shootereffectexclusions for Ghostwalker (so can't do it in lots of bad situations)
Can anyone explain what these changes mean? They sound interesting.
Squads will now reliably halt on configured infiltration halt points, instead of just once per squad.
Does this mean you get paused/notified in the geoscape each time infiltration kicks alien readiness to a lesser degree? I think that's a fantastic change if I'm reading it right!
Set Mission Timers modifier to +2 on veteran sted +1, because we listen and care
I think this was a mistake, but that's just one man's opinion.
Hunker Down bonii will no longer apply to units flanking you
Nice! This was frustrating as often as it was lifesaving
trihero

Post by trihero »

The "center" bug has been around forever (since they released the perk pack) and it's because the compiler that firaxis built in for whatever reason interprets the "center" word as centering the text instead of being a literal string, even though pavonis tried hard and told the main company it's not parsing correctly.

FL8 and FL12 - these refer to Force Levels, which determines what type of mobs appear. I believe this is mainly affected by time and difficulty (like you won't ever see a sectopod in month 1), and to some extend affected by advent strength (although I think this affects squad size more than force level). I have no idea how quickly Force Levels go up in LW2. There are threads you can find about how force levels work in vanilla, it's something like +1 every 10 days there but it cannot be nearly that quick in LW2.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

General note to everyone that this is a bad thread to propose new functionality or balance changes not discussed here; once we get these systems out and working we'll be better able to consider broader balance changes and QOL fixes.
trihero

Post by trihero »

johnnylump wrote:General note to everyone that this is a bad thread to propose new functionality or balance changes not discussed here; once we get these systems out and working we'll be better able to consider broader balance changes and QOL fixes.
So is it better to just wait until 1.1 is out and/or should be suggest balance changes/functionalities in a new thread?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

MacroNova wrote:
Increased delayed init for infiltration squad select by .25 secs
Added standard shootereffectexclusions for Ghostwalker (so can't do it in lots of bad situations)
Can anyone explain what these changes mean? They sound interesting.
Squads will now reliably halt on configured infiltration halt points, instead of just once per squad.
Does this mean you get paused/notified in the geoscape each time infiltration kicks alien readiness to a lesser degree? I think that's a fantastic change if I'm reading it right!
Set Mission Timers modifier to +2 on veteran sted +1, because we listen and care
I think this was a mistake, but that's just one man's opinion.
Hunker Down bonii will no longer apply to units flanking you
Nice! This was frustrating as often as it was lifesaving
-- Increased delayed init for infiltration squad select by .25 secs -- this is a UI change to avoid some weird behavior
-- Added standard shootereffectexclusions for Ghostwalker (so can't do it in lots of bad situations) -- This means you can't use it while on fire, disoriented, etc.
Does this mean you get paused/notified in the geoscape each time infiltration kicks alien readiness to a lesser degree? I think that's a fantastic change if I'm reading it right! -- It means the geoscape will pause whenever you get an infil to 100% or 200%. It was only doing it sporadically in the release version. You can configure more halt points in the inis.
smashness

Post by smashness »

After fresh install, deleting other mods and regenerating game files, I still get the bug where I can't click on the haven site after first mission.

I'm pretty disappointed that nothing regarding this was adressed. It seems this bug is fixed to some through regen files, but not for me...
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

johnnylump wrote: No, this will never, ever get fixed.
Wouldn't changing the name make sense then? If i understand correctly it's an issue with the engine thinking "center" is a keyword to center the text. If so another name would solve the issue.
MutatedMuton

Post by MutatedMuton »

LordYanaek wrote:
Wouldn't changing the name make sense then? If i understand correctly it's an issue with the engine thinking "center" is a keyword to center the text. If so another name would solve the issue.
Or just use proper English - "centre" (technically I guess it's French or Latin).
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Mutated Muton:

Here is the relative thread about that alignment issue.

You can simply edit the name of the perk and it should format correctly to the right.

Johnny would like to keep it as is, probably to remind Firaxis that there are still some hilarious bugs in the game that make the life of modders interesting to say the least. :)
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

MutatedMuton wrote:
LordYanaek wrote:
Or just use proper English - "centre" (technically I guess it's French or Latin).
I think JL likes "Center" better. xD
No1currz

Post by No1currz »

MutatedMuton wrote:
LordYanaek wrote:
or, I wonder if some form of L337 speak would work, so that the word appears the same for the user, but the engine no longer recognizes it as a keyword ie. C℮nt℮r Mass