So many questions: ANY KND OF MANUAL

Jackal

So many questions: ANY KND OF MANUAL

Post by Jackal »

THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME MOD!

okay first big one: I'd like to be able to increase the soldier's carry slots to include one of each grenade for a "normal loadout" ...

I've tried these two options and still only have three slots

@Lošo 
navigate to your Documents/My Games/XCOM 2/XComGame/Config and open XComGameData_CharacterStats.ini, 
under [Soldier X2CharacterTemplate], change the value of CharacterBaseStats[eStat_UtilityItems] to any number 
I have it changed to 6 Slots ;-)

@scottsnewskirt My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\ConfigXComGameData_CharacterStats.ini
CharacterBaseStats[eStat_UtilityItems]=3
CharacterBaseStats[eStat_BackpackSize]=5
also check all CharacterStats files

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =730990240

secondly: how does hiding work? I mean, is there any way to know if you've got enough people involved in hiding ?
Jackal

Re: So many questions: ANY KND OF MANUAL

Post by Jackal »

all these views and I can't get one reply? (checks breath and armpits)
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

I don't mod so I can't help the first one.

On the second, don't hide until advent activity starts to get high. Each action you take (winning missions), and having lots of people doing the same task (like 10 of 13 on intel) increases advent attention on an area. This means harder missions for you, plus more retaliation etc. hide only hides that one dude, not the whole haven. It is a way to keep your profile low so that over time the advent activity drops.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Items in LW2 have weight, so you're going to have some seriously slow soldiers unless you also mod out the weight penalty for utility items.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

GavinRuneblade wrote:I don't mod so I can't help the first one.

On the second, don't hide until advent activity starts to get high. Each action you take (winning missions), and having lots of people doing the same task (like 10 of 13 on intel) increases advent attention on an area. This means harder missions for you, plus more retaliation etc. hide only hides that one dude, not the whole haven. It is a way to keep your profile low so that over time the advent activity drops.

thanks Gavin,

I guess i'm wanting to know if there's a way to measure you activity or something.. i guess not.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

mattprice516 wrote:Items in LW2 have weight, so you're going to have some seriously slow soldiers unless you also mod out the weight penalty for utility items.

yikes, i hadn't considered that... i guess that means I don't need to figure out how to mess with utility slots...
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Your activity causes advent activity to rise, time causes it to fall.

There's some special things like raiding supplies or troop columns weakens advent, and "get advent's attention" or blowing up monuments increase activity in that region but by pulling resources from elsewhere might lower activity nearby.

Your current activity level is a 1 (minimum) to 10 (maximum) scale shown on the haven bar.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

GavinRuneblade wrote:Your activity causes advent activity to rise, time causes it to fall.

There's some special things like raiding supplies or troop columns weakens advent, and "get advent's attention" or blowing up monuments increase activity in that region but by pulling resources from elsewhere might lower activity nearby.

Your current activity level is a 1 (minimum) to 10 (maximum) scale shown on the haven bar.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh... so, will hiding decrease the "activity level" or just keep it from raising.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Hiding seems to reduce the chance of retaliation etc, and since it is not increasing activity it encourages the level to drop over time. But my understanding is that hiding is a modifier, time is the cause.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

As far as I understand it, when the rebels are doing things, it gets ADVENT's attention. They transfer more legions into the region to counter the activity. If you lay low, they will eventually transfer those legions away to places they are better needed. You can expedite this by causing a ruckus elsewhere.