Feedback for that "Avenger Defense" Mission

CertusRaven

Feedback for that "Avenger Defense" Mission

Post by CertusRaven »

First of all, thanks a lot for the Long War mods. Long War 2 was something I didn't dare to dream about.

So far, I have but one issue with LW2. The Mission where the Avenger gets shot down by an enemy UFO. I'm not sure if I missed something and I'll certainly load my last safe and try again a few more times. But is it intended to be as it is? That mission got so~ many~ enemies, like, 30+ maybe? Among them a few enemy types I didn't encounter so far (during this playthrough). Plus that Ice Viper King dlc boss monster thing (which shows randomly, I guess?).

Surviving this mission against 30+ enemy troops + Berserker + dlc Viper King + some robots, that was well beyond unexpected and feels over the top even for Long War.

Please, consider looking into that mission design once more (or don't, if I missed something significant).
And thanks again for the overall excellent work. I especially love the infiltration system. It's beating two..three, maybe even more birds with one stone for me.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Feedback for that "Avenger Defense" Mission

Post by johnnylump »

What month did you hit it? What tech were you running? Need more information on the conditions you fought in to see if adjustments are necessary.
CertusRaven

Re: Feedback for that "Avenger Defense" Mission

Post by CertusRaven »

27th June, just researched basic and advanced laser weapons, and predator armor, though I hadn't the cash to produce more then the one you get for researching.

Can't provide much more information, though. I accidently (out of stupidity, I'm sorry) killed the installation and now the save file goes ctd on loading it. -_-'

I'll start a new campaign. May take a week or so until I am where I was, though. Thanks for the immediate response.

All dlc installed.

Mods beside Long War 2:
Bill Murray Voicepack
Capnbubs Accessories Pack
Customizable Secondary Weapons
Elerium Grounds
EW MEC Ports
Grimy's Loot Mod
LW2 Tactical Suppressors
Mod Config Menu
Mod Everything
No Rank Up Throttling