Interface/QoL features

Koriel

Interface/QoL features

Post by Koriel »

I was wondering if there will be any quality of life features implemented by other mods/authors that will be integrated into the Long War 2 package or will we still have to download those separately. Things like:
- free camera rotation
- numeric health display
- flank preview
- mission time remaining
- detailed shot chance display
- inventory uses for black market
etc

Personally, I prefer to have everything needed in one configurable package than having to install and setup everything separately.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Interface/QoL features

Post by johnnylump »

For the most part, we avoided duplicating effort by other modders unless it directly supported our new features, so stuff like Flank Preview and Numeric Health Display will need to be added separately (they do work with LW2, though).
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Do you think you could give us a list of aproved external mods (I mean the ones YOU use, I don't ask for a complete Steam's Workshop review !) whith LW2 release ?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

One of our testers is assessing a list of nearly 500 mods and their compatibility with Long War 2. We intend to make that public, with the caveat that not all of them have undergone in-depth testing so there may be errors. We've also worked up a big doc for modders on how we did what we did so they can convert their mods if they so choose.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

I'll add that the mod compatibility list has a specific category for mods for which similar functionality exists within LW2 for easy reference. Using one of those at the same time as LW2 could cause odd behavior haha, but it should be pretty easy to avoid thanks to Deaconivory's excellent work on the compatibility list.
Last edited by mattprice516 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

We all use a variety of QoL mods and I'll give you my suggested list below. The only mod from Koriel's list that will require some work is Black Market Usage (it needs a small bit of tweaking to remain accurate), otherwise those mods all work with LW2.

This is the core of my QoL mods:
Gotcha (Flank Preview Evolved) 629910798
Evac All 618669868
Overwatch All/Others 621695447
Perfect Information 625737801
Free Camera Rotation 616359783
Remove Missing Mods 641394554 (if you use any mods at all you should have this enabled)

For a faster paced game, i.e. less animations, add these mods (be forewarned these mods can cause some very minor graphical glitches that don't affect gameplay, but you may notice inconsistency, weapons on-screen may appear mis-aligned during a soldier's actions for example)
Stop Wasting My Time 620600092
robojumper's various speed-ups 746389497
Instant Avenger Menus 628187112
Quick Reload 643302414

For helpful on-screen tactical information pick ONE of these three:
Additional Icons 646244015 (I use this and edit the ini to remove everything except the HP and name of the unit)
Show Health Values 617015579
Numeric Health Display 621376448

Optional QoL mods:
Quick soldier info 642371502 (I edit the ini to make the icons a bit smaller to reduce the chance of mis-clicks)
Advent Flashlights 722174182
Better Debug Camera (Mouse + Keyboard) 803411007
HunkerDownMod 621389964 (For the ability to "stop, drop, and roll" to put out fires)
Last edited by deaconivory on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey -renraw-

Post by Mickey -renraw- »

wow that is a lot of useful mods, good to know :)
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

I knew the mysterious beta-testing archiver would be none other than Deaconivory! Do you know when we can expect the exhaustive list? (Not asking for specific dates/ETA on LW2 launch, but more on possibility of getting the list prior to the launch)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

It will have to wait till launch because publishing it beforehand would actually give away some of our features.
zhandler

Post by zhandler »

I'm not sure if you need/are interested/want any more people, and I'm not sure what stage of production you're in, but I'd be happy to help contribute to the mod compatibility list or QA test anything if needed. I'll be occupied with the Train Jam + GDC in about a month, if availability is a concern.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

rakoon79 wrote:I knew the mysterious beta-testing archiver would be none other than Deaconivory! Do you know when we can expect the exhaustive list? (Not asking for specific dates/ETA on LW2 launch, but more on possibility of getting the list prior to the launch)
As JL said, the list will be out right after the game launches. My suggestion for first time LW2 players will be to run a campaign with either no additional mods, or a few QoL mods (basically those listed above).

The long term goal will be to give mod authors time to tweak their existing mods (and come up with even more new mods to enhance the LW2 experience) while everyone is busy playing a "vanilla" LW2 campaign. :)
wadeanthony

Post by wadeanthony »

Was the way Crit chance was calculated changed to match EU or is still the same as Vanilla?

Would we still need the Mission Time Remaining to display the time in hours?
please delete my account, I know long use it.