Long War 2 Primer?

pingpong

Long War 2 Primer?

Post by pingpong »

Really looking forward to Long War 2!! I will definitely be restarting my current XCOM 2 campaign to try LW 2 on day one.

In case you have not already considered this, (based on my past experience with LW) I think some sort of spoiler free tutorial for the uninitiated and the LW veterans alike may be a good idea. With everybody at Pavonis probably swamped before LW2's impending launch, I was thinking that a brief Youtube tutorial in conjunction with LW 2's launch by one of the beta testers (and vetted by Pavonis) would go a long way to help the initial experience for players. By providing some basic guidelines and clues, the players can hopefully have the chance to spare themselves the frustrations of abandoning and re-starting their campaigns multiple times. For those that enjoy trial and error, they can choose not to watch the video.

Anyways -- Congratulations to Pavonis and everyone who have contributed to this much anticipated mod!! Can't wait! :D
Amineri

Re: Long War 2 Primer?

Post by Amineri »

A few of our internal testers stream and/or post to youtube, and are planning some playthroughs of LW2 once it releases. They've also been working on LW2 101-type guides to help people come to grips with the changes.

That said, we've also included a fair amount of in-game text via the Commander's Quarters "XCOM Archives" section, for those that prefer that option.
pingpong

Post by pingpong »

Amineri wrote:A few of our internal testers stream and/or post to youtube, and are planning some playthroughs of LW2 once it releases. They've also been working on LW2 101-type guides to help people come to grips with the changes.

That said, we've also included a fair amount of in-game text via the Commander's Quarters "XCOM Archives" section, for those that prefer that option.
Thanks for the swift response!! Looks like you guys have thought of everything! :D

Great job, once again and I look forward to the launch!
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

Amineri wrote:A few of our internal testers stream and/or post to youtube, and are planning some playthroughs of LW2 once it releases. They've also been working on LW2 101-type guides to help people come to grips with the changes.
Any chance you can slip some names of those people? So I can follow/sub or what not. I'm aware of Joinrbs, and am pretty sure Beags would be one of 'em.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

@rakoon79

xwynns is also taking names for his run-through on youtube.

And yes, I'd be amazed if beagle wasn't planning an I/I campaign on twitch. Firaxisoclock is still a thing after all.
dro122
Terra Invicta Beta Tester

Post by dro122 »

I believe JolNrbs (who has been helping test) is doing this very thing.

Plesae see link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCC-C4fIjpo
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

joinrbs check, Beags check, xwynns check. Thanks guys!
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

I'm typing with one hand and killing ayys with the other. Mother would be so proud. :)
JoINrbs
Long War 2 Crew

Post by JoINrbs »

rakoon79 wrote:joinrbs check, Beags check, xwynns check. Thanks guys!
8-)

see you then!
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

JoINrbs wrote:
8-)

see you then!
Well - he'll see you, anyway.
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

mattprice516 wrote:
JoINrbs wrote:
8-)

see you then!
Well - he'll see you, anyway.
Judging by lessons taught by XCOM, I wouldn't be too sure about, well.. practically anything. cz ITS XCOM BABY
Mickey -renraw-

Post by Mickey -renraw- »

Hey guys, I'd love to make some preview videos for LW 2 in similar vein to og LW like the weapons preview video you guys kindly hosted for me on the Nexus
XCOM: Enemy Within - Long War mod Beta 13 - Weapons Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWhsrnE2bNo
Would videos of this style be able to be posted on your site? (I don't see a "Media" section)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Let me figure that out. I'm not against it, but I don't have a ton of bandwidth to maintain that sort of thing, so it depends on how much it requires of me. At a minimum we'll get a lively forum structure going once LW2 is released.
Mickey -renraw-

Post by Mickey -renraw- »

Awesome, Thank you Mr Lumpkin :D Much appreciated, as was all your help in LW 1 Cheers again :)