long war leader pack
long war laser pack
long war alien pack
Stop Wasting My Time
More cities
More Maps Pack
An Easier War: Dark Events
Long War 2

I was away from Xcom2 for quite a while. I came back and found all saves I made since coming back are not there and if I save the game during play and then try to load it I receive a message that it is corrupted. Its not there when I close xcom2 and restart the game.
I uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam without luck. I use the mod manager in the start window, the one that pops up before you launch the actual game. I turn off all the mods and for some reason Xcom2 still runs as Long War 2. Not sure why that is. The problem with the saves persists.

I've been looking online and it seems to likely be that with Windows 10 it is a permissions problem. I've been checking my folders for permissions and under the security tab it seems every profile has full permission for both the xcom2 folder via the steam folder as well as the xcom2 savedata folder via the mydocuments folder.

Anyone have suggestions?
Also in addition there's a possibility I'm missing something in regards to permission so if someone can supply a simple step by step how to do it that would be helpful as well.

Ty for an responses.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: All save games are 'corrupted', help?

Post by johnnylump »

From the mod description:

"Long War Studios' / Pavonis Interactive's mods SMGPack, AlienPack, LeaderPack, Toolbox, PerkPack, and LaserPack are already integrated into this mod (with different settings and functionality) and should NOT be activated when playing campaigns."

Not sure if that's how you broke your saves, but you definitely broke something.
nmkaplan

Re: All save games are 'corrupted', help?

Post by nmkaplan »

Read the manual :-)

You are not supposed to run the Pavonis Standalone Mods (perk pack, leader pack, laser pack, alien pack, etc.). Pretty sure that doing so breaks the game.

The Long War 2 mod includes all of these changes.

Also, there was some talk that Stop Wasting My Time also was causing some bugs. Also also, Long War 2 timers were not balanced with a lot of the map packs in mind, so I wouldn't suggest using those either.

Basically, try running LW2 "clean" with no other mods installed. Then if you want to use other mods, only use those that are confirmed compatible with LW2.