0% Lib missions (not Vanilla)

Psieye

0% Lib missions (not Vanilla)

Post by Psieye »

Context: True Concealment (only when 100% infiltration), Veteran, not Ironman, 0% supply raid farming

I only get to play when I'm back from work, i.e. I'm already tired and prone to mistakes. Having figured out how to 0% supply raid, other missions start to look fun at 0% infiltration. I've run stealth duos on these missions so much but coming in with an over-equipped, over-levelled 10-man squad is refreshing.

"Commander, we've found an alien relay that ought to be stopped. There's only 29 hours to deal with this."
"Send in the Supply Raiders."

4 snipers (of which 1 is holobot, 1 is Serial) and liberal spam of rocket/shredder. One sniper was taking out the alien relay (double tap) while everyone was mopping up.

"Commander, there's some key data in a vehicle that would help liberate this region. We only have 4 hours before it's over."
"We've just finished a supply raid, send that team in after swapping in some fresh blood."

The promising LCpl Ranger died. My SPARK ran into the big house filled with 3 Extremely Heavy pods - snipers couldn't see and I didn't bring enough cover destruction to remove the remaining walls. By the end of the mission, the SPARK took 1 damage past ablative. During that, my shinobi (ghostwalk/covert) ran over the roof of said house while Advent soldiers were screaming and pointing at the robot. Had to Intervene to make it on time and I'd forgotten to call for Evac until 4 turns after breaking stealth. At the end, the last soldier (grenadier) was left at 1 HP due to bad rolls. He threw an incendiary grenade at my shinobi. He was wearing Hazmat.

Once 0% supply raids are balanced, I look forward to repeating this kind of experience with proper income management. I gotta thank the full laboratory that let me get ahead of the research curve (warden/coil against Tier 2 Advent soldiers).
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
hewhoispale

Re: 0% Lib missions (not Vanilla)

Post by hewhoispale »

Psieye wrote: Once 0% supply raids are balanced, I look forward to repeating this kind of experience with proper income management.
Bad news then. From what I've heard, 0% supply raids are going to be balanced by not letting you run them at 0%. The income isn't what breaks because of 0% raids, it's the lack of time investment. Infiltration time is the replacement for the fatigue system. Allowing players to run a mission every hour instead of every 4-8 days with the same soldiers breaks everything that time is supposed to influence as a resource.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

From what I've heard, 0% supply raids are going to be balanced by not letting you run them at 0%.
Although one of our testers has been a vociferous advocate for this rule change, this is not something we have tested or are currently testing, so your information is incorrect.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Good. Frankly, the benefits and the risks are quite balanced on Swarming Supply Line Raids. I imagine if the numbers can go up to Swarming with pluses it'll be quite the risk to attempt them in the future.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Clibanarius wrote:Good. Frankly, the benefits and the risks are quite balanced on Swarming Supply Line Raids. I imagine if the numbers can go up to Swarming with pluses it'll be quite the risk to attempt them in the future.
I had a 48 aliens swarming supply raid in April. Not a scratch on any soldier. There's not much risk if you pick the squad properly and know how to handle 20+ aliens active.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

chrisb wrote:
Clibanarius wrote:Good. Frankly, the benefits and the risks are quite balanced on Swarming Supply Line Raids. I imagine if the numbers can go up to Swarming with pluses it'll be quite the risk to attempt them in the future.
I had a 48 aliens swarming supply raid in April. Not a scratch on any soldier. There's not much risk if you pick the squad properly and know how to handle 20+ aliens active.
Gonna say, once the player hits the point of being able to handle 20+ active aliens I think they are tactically ready to win the game because that is what the last mission of the game is, all that matters is wether their strategic play is ready.