Behaviour of civilians after liberation

Zyrrashijn

Behaviour of civilians after liberation

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Hello Swarmintelligence,

i recently liberated my first region and right after, went on a hacking mission in the same region as Advent was bailing out. There i encountered a little strange behaviour from the local civilians. They did not reveal my concealed units nor did they run away yelling when approached by unconcealed units. They just stood there and did nothing - effectively blocking some spots i'd have loved to go.
My question is, is that kind of behaviour normal and intended? Maybe somone can enlighten me.
Jacke

Re: Behaviour of civilians after liberation

Post by Jacke »

Zyrrashijn wrote:[ Civilians in just liberated zones ] did not reveal my concealed units nor did they run away yelling when approached by unconcealed units. They just stood there and did nothing - effectively blocking some spots i'd have loved to go.
My question is, is that kind of behaviour normal and intended? Maybe somone can enlighten me.
Don't know if it's intended or a bug.

What I'd like to think is that it's the citizens celebrating their being freed from the oppressive tyranny of ADVENT. Where if anything strange happened, they were so afraid it was some sort of loyalty test they had to go running and screaming for help to save them from the perils of the "fringe elements".

Celebrating by finally exercising their right to stick it to the Man in the only way they can. Stand in the way. Hey, I imagine they're pissed about all that collateral damage and getting caught in blast radii, beaten zones, and flame footprints. And in a few days they know they'll be under the heel of XCOM, working for The Other Man, hauling supplies and running relays. And getting attacked and destroyed now by ADVENT along with their little relays and piles of supplies. The New Boss. Not much different from the Old Boss. :D
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

:lol: That was hilarious! Albeit not helping my question. ;)

Hey, we're the good guys. I'd love to send them running for safety. This is a combat zone...
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

I was under the impression Liberation removed all missions from the region. Perhaps there's an issue that's not letting it remove missions in progress? Which caused this strange behavior from the civs. Probably best to throw this in the bug forum as a possible bug?
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

seananigans wrote:I was under the impression Liberation removed all missions from the region. Perhaps there's an issue that's not letting it remove missions in progress? Which caused this strange behavior from the civs. Probably best to throw this in the bug forum as a possible bug?
If you are already infiltrating other missions when you liberate a zone, you get a short amount of time to complete those missions before the rest of ADVENT bugs out. Not sure, but I think you get a bonus on infiltration.
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Jacke wrote:
seananigans wrote:I was under the impression Liberation removed all missions from the region. Perhaps there's an issue that's not letting it remove missions in progress? Which caused this strange behavior from the civs. Probably best to throw this in the bug forum as a possible bug?
If you are already infiltrating other missions when you liberate a zone, you get a short amount of time to complete those missions before the rest of ADVENT bugs out. Not sure, but I think you get a bonus on infiltration.
Gotcha. I was aware that facility and/or golden path missions that end up located in Lib'd regions get infil bonuses, but I wasn't aware you were able to finish up any ongoing missions post-Lib.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Exactly. It was one of those missions. Now i'm curious if civilians are due to change behaviour in liberated regions.