Long War Perk Pack mod compatibility integration?

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
Vyrnas

Long War Perk Pack mod compatibility integration?

Post by Vyrnas »

Unsure which section this was most appropriate for, so I chose general discussion.

I had created a class mod, and was curious if anyone more adept with coding(or research ability) could help me determine what would be needed to update an existing class to have a Long War Compatible version...

Is that difficult and it is simpler to create a 'new' class with the same concept from the ground up using the perk pack's resources? I've been away from modbuddy for a bit as I got a bit overwhelmed(I don't learn overly well without an in person mentor to walk me through things in real time, so learning on line is a bit of a challenge, since I'm the most enthusiastic modder among my offline friends).

Any help would be appreciated. I asked several days ago in the nexus forums but decided perhaps here would be more appropriate...

Thanks in advance, I've been a relatively avid fan of Long War since I heard of it and played it and have used every Long War mod for XCOM 2 I can get my mitts on... was very pleased with the perk-pack.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Long War Perk Pack mod compatibility integration?

Post by johnnylump »

If you made a class mod already, there aren't any new steps to creating a custom class with the Perk Pack (other than having the PP installed) ... just look at the settings in PP's DefaultClassData.ini and use the ones you want in your own.
Vyrnas

Re: Long War Perk Pack mod compatibility integration?

Post by Vyrnas »

Thanks. I'll have to refamiliarize myself once I figure out why my game crashes randomly while I scan.

I've been having the issue since Alien Hunter DLC, but only after Shen's Gift did I get that virtual item thing everyone talks about.