Sequel or Expansion?

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
Andor

Sequel or Expansion?

Post by Andor »

*SPOILER*

Do not read if you have not finished the game and hate spoilers.

So the end of the game hinted heavily that we can expect to see Terror from the Deep 2: Electric Boogaloo. But will the be X-Com 3: TftD 2: EB or will they make an expansion pack akin to EW?

Speculate or, if you have inside knowledge, go ahead and violate that NDA. :lol:
ASDF0716

Re: Sequel or Expansion?

Post by ASDF0716 »

to me, it seems like they set TFTD up as XCOM 3. I think we will probably get some DLC that will add things TO X2 (like EW did), but, not change the overall story (like EW didn't).

To me, they'd be very silly to try to shoe horn TFTD into X2. It's the perfect stage for X3.
Andor

Post by Andor »

Well it's true that it did seem like a lead in to a sequel.

The trouble is TftD wasn't much of a sequel. I mean, sure, Tentaculats. But aside from that it was pretty much a straight up reskin with some horrible maps. (Cruise ship, I'm looking at you, map so bad they called it out in Xcom: EU.) They didn't make proper use of the potential of water as a 3 dimensional battle space. etc, etc.

So part of me thinks it's only expansion worthy.

But I suppose if they can pull it off properly it would be a good sequel. Otoh Apocalypse....
evaldazz

Post by evaldazz »

I agree that TFTD would be xcom 3 rather than an expansion. One thing is for sure though, based on the original TFTD,
"Xcom 3: terror from the deep - LongWar" will be the most difficult game ever devised by man. LOL :D