ADVENT Generals & Expanded Avatars

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
rfriar

ADVENT Generals & Expanded Avatars

Post by rfriar »

So, it occurs to me that the MIA soldiers concept should be expanded. Those soldiers lost during a mission should have a chance to become ADVENT Generals. Retain similar equipment to what they had before the 'change': Sniper rifle, revolver, minigun, etc. Just make the weapon design more inline with ADVENT. Tech level for them should be Magnetic Weaponry at the least. If you happen to be unlucky enough to have soldiers w/Plasma Weaponry 'changed', well I wonder what ADVENT Plasma Weapons would look like...? Armor level should also correspond to their previous armor, but also ADVENT-ified. Give them a number of perks similar to what they had before. The key here is balancing, i.e. How many perks, as well as which perks will be kept, and how stats are balanced, etc. Those at a certain rank or above will have the chance to become Generals. Unique appearances for Generals could be created, to help differentiate them from other ADVENT troops.

Now for Avatars, I don't see a reason for why they couldn't have more varied appearances, even its just hair style/armor color. As an additional note, MIA Psi-Operatives could have a chance to perhaps be turned into Avatars themselves, making Avatars even more dangerous and versatile than normal. Plus, imagine, the impact of having your former soldier's and an Ethereal-like voice speaking as one....

Obviously, the likelihood of either scenario happening is quite slim, but could mean the consequences of failing to keep your loyal men and women safe out of ADVENT's clutches will mean serious trouble for XCOM. This will mean that those failures may very well come back to haunt you, and they'll be staring you in the face.

What do you guys think?