[Request] Make workshops usefull

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
Grimagor

[Request] Make workshops usefull

Post by Grimagor »

Am I or the workshop facility is totally a crap?

You pay 125 Supplies for a facility who first must be created (20 days) consume 1 point of energy, have a upkeep of 35 supplies and allow you to gain two gremlin putting one engineer. Basically give you an extra engineer with limited use (adjacent facilities) for 125 supplies and 35 each month.
An engineer usually have a cost between 175 and 225 supplies.
In three months you pay 240 supplies for the workshop and one space and one point of energy.
but the thing doesn't get better with the upgrade (+100 supplies +40 upkeep +2 energy):
In three months you pay 450 suppiles (225 construction and upgrade +75 upkeep +3 energy) for basically two limited-use engineers, the same if you buy it two enginner with any space limitations plus saving the energy cost, the upkeep, the time to build it and the space.

Please modders, do something to make Workshop usefull!
Karnich

Re: [Request] Make workshops usefull

Post by Karnich »

always saw it as useful actually.. seemed alot better than the laboratory..

The laboratory is only worth it when playing on legend because research times double..

but never did the calculations for this.. maybe its better to just buy engineers.. hmm
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

Numbers never lies 8-)
But don't misundertand me, if you plan to finish your campaing in three/four months they are a very good idea, but otherwise are a sink of money
emikochan

Post by emikochan »

I never had any access to enough engineers to overide the gremlins, so it was super useful for me. Turning 1 engineer into 2 or 2 into 4 is quite nice since supplies seem to be easier to get than engineers.
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

Tecnically you don't turn one engineer into two.
You pay 125 supplies (and 35 each month), one facility slot, one energy and 20 days of contrustion for one adjacent limited engineer. Or 225 Supplies (and 75 each month), one facility slot and 3 energy and 20 days of construction for two adjacent limited engineer.
You can buy engineers in HQ and black market and by the numbers is cheaper than the workshop and with any adjacent limitation.
As I said, numbers never lie 8-)